Force Recon Mod

ReconSnake

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
The M72 is effective against most of the same armor targets a M136 is (the m136 can penetrate an additional 100mm or so, but both fall short of knocking out a modern MBT). Multiple hits from an M72 are effective against medium armor (2 being a recommended number from acute angles.) In addition the M72 is far lighter, making it ideal for use in most covert AO's where MBT are rarely encountered but light armor/ technicals are very abundant.

yah, I know - but it seems far stranger to take out anything with one shot using an M-72 than an M-136, perhaps you could modle something else for the demo dudes like an MPIM? - that's at least a little better or - OH OH a Javilin! that would be sweet! I don't think Force Recon uses them though ..... a little big, would be cool though ......

CLARK

yah, I know - but it seems far stranger to take out anything with one shot using an M-72 than an M-136, perhaps you could modle something else for the demo dudes like an MPIM? - that's at least a little better or - OH OH a Javilin! that would be sweet! I don't think Force Recon uses them though ..... a little big, would be cool though ......

CLARK

It would be nice to use a Javelin in GR, but the game so far doesn't support guided weapons, and you may have to jimmy some helperpoints (oh Chems?...) so it would look somewhat close to how you hold it. What's odd is that the AT-4 in real life doesn't have a little "grip" to fire it. You support it it with your left arm outstretched slightly, with the right hand on the trigger.

Edited by EricJ

It would be nice to use a Javelin in GR, but the game so far doesn't support guided weapons, and you may have to jimmy some helperpoints (oh Chems?...) so it would look somewhat close to how you hold it. What's odd is that the AT-4 in real life doesn't have a little "grip" to fire it. You support it it with your left arm outstretched slightly, with the right hand on the trigger.

Well it actually does. The original weapon, the swedish Pskott m/86 does have a forward grip to use when fireing, and during the first Gulfwar, U.S. Army purchased each and every At-4 round they could get their hands on, including swedish original rounds with forward grips and the printed instructions still in swedish :rocky:

I´ve fired some practice ammo with the AT4 trainers and I think that the stability is increased a great deal. I tried to fire the weapon without the grip (since I heard that the U.S. bought a budget-version, I just had to try!) and well, it didn´t feel comfortable...

180fire.jpg

Progress is sloooow - but I will try to wrap up the weapons this weekend & next - as you can see some of the hand placements still need to be tweaked on existing weapons. I might go ahead and release the weapons first and then missions later. Thoughts on that?

PS - there won't be a javelin in this mod