3D Ghost Recon

Rocky

I'm trying to get more info from eDimensional. I hope they can help me because until now, I'm kinda disappointed  :(

I would be too if I was getting your results. All three of the ATI owners I have spoken to had problems to start with, now they have it working a treat. Keep at eD tech support, hopefully they'll get you going too.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

eD just mailed me out of the blue to say they have almost completed a new set of ATI drivers.

we have fixed issues with refresh rate, optimized frame rates, all the good stuff

Also, it sounds like its a full installer, no need to faff about copying files or anything.

I'll let you guys know exactly when they are released - probably Monday.

I wore these glasses last Saturday for a long time. I played GR MP for about 3 to 4 hours and capped it off with another 3 to 4 hours of RavenShield. I haven't worn them since, but I will probably be playing again this weekend for an extended period of time.

I also have prescription glasses and they fit fine over my head as well. The headphones actually help hold them in place.

Well, well... I got an automated reply with stuff like "we're gonna release new drivers by end of august and "try a program called Powerstrip" and stuff (it's Sept. 12th and I told'em I had tried different things with Powerstrip but oh well <_< )...

There were some tips and tricks that I'm gonna try, tho, I'll keep you dudes posted with the results, it might be of interest to people who are experiencing the same problems as me...

Just a question to U guys who are using'em happily: do you actually see something happen when you press the stereo/depth keys? If you do... What happens? :blink:

Just a question to U guys who are using'em happily: do you actually see something happen when you press the stereo/depth keys? If you do... What happens? :blink:

With the glasses off you see two images side by side, as you increase the steroa depth, so the distance between the two images increases.

I'm using a Gigabyte Radeon 9000 Pro.

Monitor is at 75Hz

GR is at 800x600x32

Works fine.

However:

- I use 2D for menus etc and switch to 3D when mission starts

- I have to re-swith to 2D BEFORE I leave a mission or go back to menu or my screen will go black, which can be resolved by pulling out the dongle and re-inserting it, and then going back to 2D.

I will try monitor@60Hz and GR@1024x768x32 to see if I can get good results (woul allow me to play at higher res)

All in all, it works very very well indeed.

And I'm guessing ED will continuesly upgrade their drivers...

Laters, dudes ;)

All in all, it works very very well indeed.

And I'm guessing ED will continuesly upgrade their drivers...

Laters, dudes ;)

There is a very mixed reation from ATI users, it's nice to hear you got yours working.

New ATI drivers are due in 2 or 3 days, I'll post here when I hear they are out.

My desktop is at 75hz at 1024x768 32 bit. I don`t use the other resolutions, but I would imagine they are the same.

In game, 1024x768 32bit. I`ve tried all resolutions in the game, up to 1600x1200 32bit. Depending on what I set in the game, gives different results when trying the 3d.

The game is supposed to be in the same resolution as my desktop according to the support at ED..

Your max refresh rates are good, so no problem here.

Even with my system, I only get 60fps when playing games

There you must mean 60Hz... Yes, you got the ATI Control Panel? Go into the advanced properties and chose the "Displays" tab. There, chose your max resolution (ex: 1600*1200 and max refresh (set it at 120Hz) that should do it. However, setting it at 120Hz won't allow for 3d. You'll have to change it back to 60Hz if you want the 3d goggles to work (well, at least, that's how it turned out for me).

Just finished "3D Reticules 1.0" mod that includes GR reticules enhanced for GR game play in 3D. The mod was created since the standard reticules are very hard to see during 3D game play.

The reticules were created by modifying the standard reticules using Photoshop with the GR Photoshop plug-in available on the Island Thunder CD installed, and MS Paint, which seems to work great for quickly tweaking the reticule alpha channel after being saved as a BMP file. Thanks go out to Cocobolo Mods for their reticule tutorial.

The small 24K mod (zipped) was just sent to Rocky, but is also available at:

http://members.bellatlantic.net/solracv/3D...3DReticules.zip

The reticules seem to work best when color is set to RED in options.xml file.

All feedback is welcome!

Best regards,

Jackal

Hi, I just wanted say i orded 2 pairs ( 1 for me, another for a friend). Rocky, your review sold me the glasses :thumbsup: .

If i'm lucky they'll be here next week *kaveman starts to pray*. Now that i made the order i can't wait :wacko: uughh. And soon i'll make an upgrade to my PC and get a 19" monitor :rocky: .

To anyone who already have the glasses up and running... can u imagine DOOM3 or Half-Life2 with them?

I think i'm gonna put a bucket under chair when using the glasses (If it's half as good as Rocky described it, i'm gonna be drooling :lol: )

One last question, How good are the glasses with older games, like Rogue Spear?

Edited by Kaveman

Cheers Jackal I'll download that tonight when I get back from work. I have one question for you £D Goggle guys out there. actualy make that 2 questions. I've took delivery of a pair of these on monday & although it was a right fiddle getting them to work well I've now got a great 3d set up except fot 2 problems :(

1. on some maps especialy Wilderness I get very bad ghosting with the trees. so much so that some maps are unplayable. On most maps I have to do a little tweaking each time but it seems maps with a big contrast in trees, light sky just turn to pooh & now amout of fiddleing can improve it. the only setting I can use on this is zero stereo seperation ie 2d.

2. When I play splinter cell it crashes to the desktop as soon as the game starts unless I have the glasses deactivated. I can't even rely on the toggle keys I have to total deactive in the advance nvidia options.

Any advice would be welcome & even though I'm experienceing these problems I still think these things are great. cos when they do work properly they rock. :o=

1. on some maps especialy Wilderness I get very bad ghosting with the trees. Any advice would be welcome & even though I'm experienceing these problems I still think these things are great. cos when they do work properly they rock. :o=

With the GForce drivers I find the Ctrl-F5 and F6 (seperation I think) lessens that.

even though I'm experienceing these problems I still think these things are great. cos when they do work properly they rock.

Cool deal.

I haven't tried Splinter Cell with them yet - I can check for you though. Are you ATI or GeForce?

*** I still think these things are great. cos when they do work properly they rock.  :o=

I agree. I was playing multiplayer coop on gr.net the other night in 3D and it was like a new game all over again. Have not yet noticed the other problems you pointed out, but will try Rocky's suggestion or any posted fixes if I do.

I also want to try out Midtown Madness and Motorcycle Madness to see if these games work ok in 3D as well.

Bests,

Jackal

Edited by Jackal_RAW