3D Ghost Recon

E-Dimensional (ad on front page) sent me a set of their 3d glasses for reviewing. Now, bear in mind I have only tried them out for 5 minutes before you read the following.

OMG

LMAO! This is amazing! I kid you not, it totally makes GR look different. You walk up to a group of 4 tango's standing in a circle, except now they REALLY ARE standing in a circle, you look at a dead body, and it is there, not flat, but just "there"!

I am working on a full review, and will test it further with other games too - but I just had to come in and post my first reaction, which is very positive. I can't see me playing solo missions again without these glasses - magical stuff! :rofl:

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I apologise for acting like a kid over this - but I just fired it up again, and it really is remarkable, I do not understand how it works so well, even though I have read the "how it works" section.

This time all I did was take a close look at my team. The pocket pouches on the legs, and the backpacks, they bulge out they are so full! The faces look amazing, peeking out from under the brow of their helmets, right down to the detail of the nose - everything has a 3-d quality.

There's no way I can post images or movies to show you the 3D, so I'll just have to describe it as best I can and hope you get the idea.

I heard that the reticules get really messed up with 3D. Any truth to it? Can one still aim properly?

I heard the same thing, that was my biggest concern. I will need to play some more before I stake my reputation on it (LOL), but so far, I have no probs aiming at all, the ret appears just fine!

HEY!� is the image u see when wearing the same as the ad? than crystal clear photo of that guy? its so clear!

It is clearer than the ad. I can't say I have had a ghost leaning out of the monitor quite like that, but the image is extremely sharp. And remember I only have a GeForce 2 64Mb.

I have a pair, they're ok but they do need tweaking so as to not give you headache. Which is what i get after prolonged gaming with them. GR does look superb though, crawling up to a bush will blow your socks off! And Morrowind is breath taking, looking at a candle with the flame gently flickering will make you stand and stare for ages.