humvee is zodiak glitch

Suli

ok i have a little problem :wall: but first i have to explain just a little

at first when i added a zodiak in a script it showed up as a humvee with out doors or wheels. i have not altered any played with any vcl files. when i play other ppls missions there zodiak and humvees show up fine, but if i script the exact same thing i get this error. so some advise came down and it came down to a total reinstall ( and uninstall ). and the result was great it worked. but now the evil head of murphy has been reared :devil: .

in the same mission ( as well as others for test purposes ) my humvee now shows up as a zodiak with a front window wheels and doors. an funky thing i have seen before in a vehicle test long ago ( but it came as it went )

now this is just annoying me. and has been for a bit.

can any one help. has anyone seen this before, any ideas, even random stuff that may some how be linked. once again if its other ppls script they both show up fine. so i know its me but what the monkeys uncle is it.

tech info.

i have original gr, with it and ds from the gold pack.

in order of intsall : gr, it pack , then reinstall or it and ds from gold pack ( darn u rse ( in reference to gold pack) )

it has 1.4 update and every thing is happy till i get to scripting.

thank you in advance to anyone who can help.

suli

the nearest i had was placing a humvee on a night map, when in game it would become see through when nv was turned on. dont know what caused it, but i re-wrote the script from scratch and it worked fine.

cheers......

thanks guys i appriciate the help, well i guess ill have to see if other ppls comps see the error in the script the same way. if not ill have to live with it, but if they do, hhmmm what could i do with a 4 wheeled armored zodiak......

maybe the cup is half full

the artist at RSE who built the zodiac named the body group the same as the humvee body group in 3DMax ... the first one loaded will take precedence by the order of objects in the script. because they have the same model name, only one will be allowed to exist in the game at a time.

as a result, it wont ever look right but you can change the appearance by loading one before the other. good luck, this is a bug that cant be fixed, and a testament to some pretty poor testing going on at RSE (the cause of many bugs related to modding.)