Motorcycles

hephaestus

Iron Horse makes some awesome bikes if you can foot the bill.

Ruin, I think the word you were looking for is 'crotCh-rocket' aka 'rice-rocket' aka sportbike ;)

I love cruisers and sportbikes, but I figure I should get a sportbike while my bones can handle the ride. When I have a decent job, maybe I'll actually have $15k to throw down on a harley...nah, gimme a custom metric cruiser or an Indian.

I love American Chopper. I think I've seen most of the episodes. Really great and funny show. I cant believe the Comanche bike made it on time...that seized gear was a b-i

~NkOgNiTo~, that Firebolt is a worthy ride. It's supposed to handle on rails. Isn't the oil tank in the swingarm? or something like that...anyhow, lots of innovative features on that bike.

Edited by hephaestus

Japanese bikes have been called rice rockets for as long as I can remember (and I have been known to hang around with bikers.) Now with the advent of the fart can mufflers and the R (Rice????) stickers, and the dumb arsed wings (really stupid putting a wing on a front wheel drive car that takes weight off the drive wheels, DOH!!!!) for Japanese cars, they are now known as ricers.

Japanese bikes have been called rice rockets for as long as I can remember (and I have been known to hang around with bikers.)

And that is longer than most us can remember :rofl:

Sorry WK, tis just the peanut gallery speaking. I had to. Yeah, the Jap sportbikes are rice rockets...thats what they were called when I was young and I still hear them being called that...anywho

dumb arsed wings (really stupid putting a wing on a front wheel drive car that takes weight off the drive wheels, DOH!!!!)

Dumb@$$ wings. Even if you have a rear wheel car a big wing like those kids have aren't going to do much good unless you go over 100+ mph or so. IMO it makes the cars look crap, plus some of them block your rear view(making those kids even worse drivers). :wall:

Isn't the oil tank in the swingarm? or something like that...anyhow
Yeah it is. Also the gas tank is the frame that is why it is so wide. Frame as a gas tank, that kind of scares me. :blink: I think the airbox is where the gas tank usually is. Other buells have their airboxes hanging off the side of the bike. Makes it look like a boxster engine with one cylinder.

I have watched every sinlge episode of American Chopper..... OCC makes some of the sweetest choppers I've ever seen..... I love the Black Widow and Comanche bike...... I'm gonna have to take a drive up to Rock tavern and see if I can't find OCC.....

Had one of these...

CBR-600.jpg

And this..

fzr1000.jpg

Had 2 of these (dont ask)

zxr750.jpg

I'm now planning on getting either a ...

CBR-900.jpg

Or a..

r1.jpg

I use them all year round (not just summer you woosies) for my 120 mile round trip to work and back, A roads, plenty of bends and jumps, absolute joy....

:punk: :thumbsup::D

@cop, yeah i used to drool over the 996 before the xb9 came around, as u can see below, also u will see i have carried my love of bikes into another hobby, i have over 30 of these maisto die casts, and they are almost all(except fot the indians on the bottom) sport bikes, they are fun to collect and go for less $2 at walmart!!! :P the perfect CHEAP hobby for married father of two(boys 7 & 5)... :lol:

b1.jpg

b2.jpg

b3.jpg

b4.jpg

b5.jpg

i started off at a young age racing huskies in local motorcross and indurance races, after reaching age 16 in one piece i graduated to proddy racing and off course yammy rd 350 lc's spent many a saturday in the local bike wreckers picking up front end damaged powervalves and lc's to do up for local racers legal or not.

my favourite store was stans stephens racing in london england , i spent more of my wages on 2 stroke tuneup gear than i care to admit

but my favourite all time bike was my 82 suzy katana totaly rebuilt from the frame up and bored from 650 to 683 running a set of mikunis off a 1000c suzy and a sebring racing exhaust unfortunatly i lost my lisence for a year so ended up going back to racing.

while on leave in 85 i entered a 12 hour endurance race at the bovington army base, they had laid out a 7 mile track on the base grounds covering most types of terrain from rivers to swamps to wooded areas and dotted around the course were destroyed rusting tanks all in all it was a great track

i believe there was roughly 150 riders from bikes to 3 wheelers to bike sidecar combos leaving at 4 min intervals.

That was the day i realised i was mortal spent 18 months in and out of hospital, got discharged from the service and tho i still build bikes and even own a 78 kawasaki z 250 and an 80 goldwing i dont ride anymore, ive spent 16 years as a tow truck driver picking up just about every kind of streetbike you can buy, as far as im concerned theres too many idiots in metal boxes on the road these days .

sorry if this sounds like a lecture it isnt meant as such i just remember how i acted when i rode a bike around the UK im surprised i even made it to this age and ive lost count of the friends killed or injured, yes the lisencing laws are a lot tougher now but the bikes i work on now are way more advanced than i rode 16 years ago, its scary how fast you can tune these bikes to go,

so you guys be carefull and watch out for volvo station wagons