Ghost Recon.net Forums

ATI Radeon 9000 Tweaking

yea, umm... i'm not to pc literate, when u try to explain somthing to someone, u should specify what u mean, i just asked if there were any tut on tweaking PERIOD, dont know the details on that krap, juts want some tuts :D

Go to www.google.com and search for Radeon 9000 Tweaks I guarantee u will have enough pages to read on all day. They range from Overclocking to the best Drivers to use to the ideal settings for the card.

And I have no way of knowing how much u know about computers. I was asking which type of tweaking u were talking about and if u dont know what type because u are not too pc literate then google is your best friend.

Edited by Stinger
Any one know any tuts for tweaking vid cards, and one specifically for gr, 61 fps is unacceptable. :wall:

LOL. You realize you cant tell the difference between 61 FPS and 200 FPS, right?

Everything, except overclocking, that you need for your Ati card is already in its control panel. Just look over the options and if you're unsure of their meaning, hop on over to rage3d.com A lot of Ati nuts reside there.

As Crimson said, you won't be able to tell the difference between 61fps and 200. The human eye cannot detect anything above about 40fps. If game play is good and there are no stutters, why not just leave it alone?

I dont understand what u mean by wouldn't it depend on the game...?

Your eyes can't capture motion at uber high frame rates like that so they are stuck at 30 or whatever FPS while the computer is pulling more. Your eyes are the bottleneck.

Actually, GR.. hehehe, 61 is for a clear map, nothin high poly or anything... then when i gte into maps like... oohhh, lets say the d02, the oil refinery, it will drop down to 115-25, thats while i', runnin, when i get into a fire fight, and kell me some bad guys, it goes down to eight. :wall:

AA is anti-aliasing. Basically, it smooths stuff out. Im not sure where the option is at, but I can take a guess. Right click your desktop, and hit Settings, then Advanced. Look around in there.

Thats just how many times your monitor refreshes per second. I really cant help you out, because I dont have any experiances with ATi stuff. (Hopefully Ill rectify that soon.)

In the Ati Control Panel, you should have both OpenGL and DirectX tabs. Settings in these two areas control Anti-Aliasing (ability to feather the edges of objects to look smoother) which Ati calls Smoothvision and Anisotropic filtering (the ability to make textures look sharper with more vibrant colors). Moving the sliders to the left decreases the ability of these features and improves performance, opposite is true when moving them to the right.

Might I ask what graphics cards you clan mates are using? Your card is actually toward the bottom scale of performance compared to the newest ones available (9500 is mid, 9700 is mid-high, 9800 is high in the Radeon line) and there is no purpose in trying to compare it to a faster card if that's what your mates are using. The only thing you could do to gain more performance, besides lowering your graphics settings, is to get a new card.

I've been satisfied with the Rage3D tweak utility. Though, with my card I don't need a whole lot of tweaking. :rolleyes:

There is much to be said about tweaking, but if the game or application runs fine, don't attempt to "fix" it. Some folks go to extremes for a few extra FPS that won't be noticeable in most cases. Besides, most software apps and games do not even begin to utilize all of the features of advanced video cards.

As long as you're happy with your hardware, that's what counts.