Ghost Recon.net Forums

Who knows about sound?

As its gone a bit quiet (some might not think so!) I thought I'd raise a long standing irritation of mine.

Win XP Home SP1 etc.

Sound Blaster Live Platinum 5.1

DX9b

Cambridge Playworks DTT 3500 Digital amp/speaker system.

When its working 100% its fantastic but most of the time the driver/AHQ/Surround mixer don't install properly. I've tried various version issues from Creative and occassionally, I get a 100% clean installation with everything functioning. Right now I'm not getting all speakers responding when I run the test. Also, I'm not getting Dolby 5.1 encoding with PowerDVD 5. Version 4 did encode if you turned off encoding within AHQ (Sound Blaster).

The drivers/facilities software install impeccably and there no sign of problems but I cannot get everything to function!!!!

What's your experience with Creative sound drivers?

M. <_<

As its gone a bit quiet (some might not think so!)  I thought I'd raise a long standing irritation of mine.

Win XP Home SP1 etc.

Sound Blaster Live Platinum 5.1

DX9b

Cambridge Playworks DTT 3500 Digital amp/speaker system.

M. <_<

That almost describes by rig exactly...what exactly is your problem...do you have it hooked up with the analog or digital cable...and does yours have that little switch on the back of the receiver unit...what test doesnt work...

Also...going to move this to the computer discussion...since it isn't a "ghost recon" related technical problem...

there are lots of computer experts that often hang out in this room alone...so you're more likely to get a respone here...

:) Hi Saint,

My DTT3500 amp connects into the LiveDrive digital interface and the test is the one on the surround mixer speaker window that individually test each speaker position.

Tell yer what I've just done! I searched back through a file where I keep all downloads and found a driver issue:-

SBLive51XPDrvUpdate.exe dated 14.05.2003 at 9,067Kbs.

I uninstalled the current one and installed this one and it gave a clean install!! Everything is working and I'm getting Dolby 5.1 decoding on PowerDVD. Yeah!

M.