Maps based on Movies - What would be your choices?

Necron99

Or why not combine those two requests by dropping down the drain in the deathstar and use the trash deposit as a shootingrange... :o=;)

;) Nice idea my friend. That's decide upon then.

Oh, but I won't acknowledge this mod in any shape or form if I don't get a Wookie on my squad though.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A wookie... That my friend wouldn´t be fair... it would be like having Dieter Munz with a scope and grenadelauncher mounted to his MG3 on the first missions in the campaign´s...

Those poor stormtroopers wouldn´t have a chance... :lol:

(but perhaps if the enemy had a squad of Boba Fett´s (only StarWarsfanatic get´s that one))

Edited by Tollen

I like the FMJ idea: at the end with the tank column on procession, advancing into the destroyed city, the sniper......bad ######.

I'm waiting on my copy of 3dsm so I can tackle this myself. May take me six months (or the rest of my life) so feel free to do it as well. :wall:

Well, we have had a lot of suggestions and here is a condense list of the movies and the associate area. On a few, I am not familiar or was not certain as to the type of area, so they are labeled as "No Clear Area Description"

Some really great ideas and by all means feel free to add more! :D

Rock - Prison Area

Rock - Naval Weapons Depot

True Lies - Caribbean Island Warehouse

Die Hard - Nakatomi Plaza Building

Enemy at the Gates - Rubbled City Buildings

Rules of Engagement - Embassy Building

Navy Seals - Dock Area

Labyrinth - Maze

Saving Private Ryan - Variety

Platoon - Jungle and Tunnels

Full Metal Jacket - Town/City

Clear and Present Danger - Drug Labs and Coffee Company

Patriot Games - Terrorist Camp

Red Dawn - Rocky Mountain Terrain

Narc - No Clear Area Description

Proof of Life - No Clear Area Description

Behind Enemy Lines - Deserted Factory and Hill Area

Reign of Fire - Ruined City

Green Berets - Camp 2 Niner Savoy

Entrapment - Castle and Office Building

LOTR - Khazadum – the Great Hall

LOTR - Lothlorien – Forest Map

LOTR - Itlhilien – Jungle/Meadowland Map

LOTR - Henneth Annun

LOTR - Doriath/Menegroth – Forest/Cave Map

Mad Max - No Clear Area Description

Matrix - Deserted Building

Uncommon Valor - Vietnam Prison Camp

Heartbreak Ridge - Grenada

Three Kings - Arabic Vault and Checkpoint

Heat - Downtown Shootout

Escape from New York - City Scene

Escape from LA - City Scene

Big Trouble in Little China - Underground Area

Daylight - Underground Subway System

Star Wars - Mos Eisley(sp?)

Only problem with Helm's Deep.... is that it was/is basically unassailable, without the ability to blow gaping holes in the walls. The parapet(sp) is so high that only a tall man can look over it (So a plain crouch would get you out of danger), and it has numerous 'archery' holes, so the defenders would be untouchable, basically, and the attackers wouldn't have any chance.

Hey necron

I love the lord of the rings thing

but wouldnt Helms Deep (dont know if it is called that) be great with its wall and you could be attacking or defending what a great siege map

I agree it would but it would have to have some sort of access to at least make it fair for the attacking force.

What about the airfield from Con Air?

If this is a bad idea I appologize in advance, but what about something based on the governor's mansion members of ST6 hit during the invasion of Grenada?

Someone mentioned The Seige a while back. It was actually filmed on the USS Alabama, and it would be VERY heavy on the CQB.

The chateau from Dirty Dozen

The town from Kelly's Heroes

The guns from the Guns of Navarone (yes I am on a roll with the WWII movies)

What about that Belgian fortress that was thought to be unconquerable until the Germans took it in about 48 hours by using paratroopers?

I still think though that the rock/alcatrez idea is the best, though.

C

Hey necron

I love the lord of the rings thing

but wouldnt Helms Deep (dont know if it is called that) be great with its wall and you could be attacking or defending what a great siege map

I agree it would but it would have to have some sort of access to at least make it fair for the attacking force.

Hey so you make a fuew more entrances through the caves or something

and make a few holes in the wall kinda like on the castle map in the orignal GR

And another LOTR map....... in the mines of moria not the halls but like the bridges and stuff

Edited by Kamakazi

how about Bravo Two Zero, you finish what they didn't , desert area with some hills and a road with the communication lines running along side of the road which you have to blow up. ( interesting story about B20 on militaryphotos.net about another SAS member who retraced the steps of B20, very different outcome then the books of Andy McNab and Chris Ryan )

Anyone read the books of Frederick Forsyth, full of campaigns for GR; such as the book Fist of God, it's about the Gulf War, a SAS member infiltrates Kuwait City for the SIS ( Mi6 ) and blows up Trucks and stuff, while training a bunch of students to become resistance fighters

The other additions to this thread have been great and although it is appreciate to have any map ideas, the thread is basically talking about concepts from movies. It is easier to relate to them since most of us have seen the movies in question. :lol: Just trying to maintain one theme.

If you want to suggest real life areas or areas taken from books, create a new thread and watch it take off. :D

A few more suggestions:

Where Eagles Dare - Mountain Chateau

Predator - Guerialla Camp

Ice Station Zebra - Artic Weather Station

The other additions to this thread have been great and although it is appreciate to have any map ideas, the thread is basically talking about concepts from movies. It is easier to relate to them since most of us have seen the movies in question.  Just trying to maintain one theme.

If you want to suggest real life areas or areas taken from books, create a new thread and watch it take off. 

A few more suggestions:

Where Eagles Dare - Mountain Chateau

Predator - Guerialla Camp

Ice Station Zebra - Artic Weather Station

You don´t say so...

There is just one problem with Ice Station Zebra (and the Moutain Chateau to...). You can´t have any good night fighting there, ´cause if everyone wears white camo smocks, then you won´t se a thing using NVG´s.

Edited by Tollen

You don´t say so...

There is just one problem with Ice Station Zebra (and the Moutain Chateau to...). You can´t have any good night fighting there, ´cause if everyone wears white camo smocks, then you won´t se a thing using NVG´s.

I can see what you mean but would't thier faces show unless they were wearing ski masks? :huh: