SFOR 2010

Cuchillo*

RSFILEDATA: FindFile could not find file ike_fx_fire_type2.tga :nono:

RSFILEDATA: FindFile could not find file ike_fx_fire_type2.rsb :nono:

Unable to find ike_fx_fire_type2.tga anywhere.

RSFILEDATA: FindFile could not find file lighthalo_effect3.rsb :nono:

RSFILEDATA: FindFile could not find file lighthalo_effect3.rsb :nono:

Unable to find lighthalo_effect3.rsb anywhere.

RSSoundMgrPC: Selecting sound device SoundMAX Digital Audio

driver is smwdm.sys

RSSoundMgrPC: Selecting sound device SoundMAX Digital Audio

driver is smwdm.sys

:lol:

thanks.

Edited by Cuchillo*

My guess is a lamed CHR, make sure youve not got any other mods on, or a kit file thats refrencing to something you havent got. That makes it crash but normally says in the IKE. Its strange the IKE didnt say anything useful. maybe a bad download?

OK.... Stalker you're right!

Please remove the music.xml and if it crashes again please open igor and delete all "Sperren". That are the mines and the barbed wire. They have a lot of polys and may be responsible for another crash. Sorry, for that but it worked fine on the teams computers...

enjoy the mod....

• 6 years later...

Mod crashes after briefing screen every time here, until applying following fix.

Download THIS effects.xml Has 4 lines removed that are duplicates of a stock effects.xml Put it in the sound folder. This is not the cause of the CTD, but still needed doing.

Delete the Music.xml < This is the main reason for the crash. All the music files listed are already listed in a stock effects.xml

Plays every time now for me here, np. Maybe the small fix to the effects.xml may help for you? Let us know.

Using XP here

• 12 years later...

I have gr.net mod collection on a set of CDs. What type of mod is it? Mission, map, campaign, equipment, or conversion. It would save me hunting on all six CDs for the patch.

Any idea what SFOR stands for?

I had the mod but no patch on the set of gr.net CDs

Was the patch related to the music.xml issue causing a crash to desktop?

Found out that SFOR stands for NATO-led Stabilisation Force (SFOR)
in Bosnia and Herzegovina.

I copied off the gr.net disc and placed SFOR version "1.00 "in the mods' folder.

Before playing, I deleted the music.xml and deleted several entries in the effects.xml as follows: em1_killed4, em1_killed6, em1_killed7, em1_killed14, em1_killed15 and jw_equipchg.wav.
These are present in the Origmiss effects.xml so are unneeded in the SFOR effects.xml.

Duplicate entries in effects.XMLs at the least cause sounds not to play correctly and up to now I didn't realize it may cause CTD. The rest of the entries in the SFOR effects.xml appear to be SFOR only .wav files.

Link for SFOR edited effectsXML: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ci3ami4z4VeN6qHSh1zxF-uTCBwn0jO3/view?usp=sharing

MIS 1 -12 launched, and I played on them for a minute or so before ending the mission
MIS 13 CTD after shooting 4 guards by the front door.
MIS 14-17 launched, and I played on them for a minute or so before ending the mission

I only activated DS, IT and SFOR ver 1.

I did not check if the vegetation was correctly tagged on the maps. This was an issue with many user made maps.
Some vehicles are not correctly named as they cause thousands of entries of "sound uninitialized" in the ike.log. Generally this is not a CTD issue but annoying having so many of them.

Obviously my native language is not German so unable to understand briefings or pop-ups.

thanks for the tests the options.xml I have already adjusted the entry em1_killed15.wav must remain, in the Origmiss russian_voice.xml not present! The sound entries in the missions have been adjusted no more error messages. Mission 1 seems to run but mission 2 crashes spontaneously. I stay tuned have found more.

My mistake about em1_killed15.wav
Did you adjust the count line in the effects.xml?

I am not sure if it matters, but in the original game em1_killed.wavs are listed in the russian_voice.xml.   
Possibly a russian_voice.xml is needed for em1_killed15.wav? This is possibly incorrect.
My experience with em1_killed.wavs is creating new ones, like  em1_killed15.wav, will not work like the originals.
The engine will not use new ones unless they are a scripted or a placed sound.

SFOR sounds used in other mods:
v_apache_id.wav   HX5
Fence_Open.wav  CAPD2, 9MS, Cloak and Dagger ver2, Violence of Action

Edited by wombat50

• 2 weeks later...