"The Rock" a map based on the movie?

JTF-2

hey, no prob on the diagram. I have enough time between classes to do a little surfing but not enough free time to work this mod.

I just got in my copy of 3dsm and downloaded a ton of tuts from the community, but the homework comes first, you know. Maybe I'll hash out a bit on semester break, but the rest of you guys, don't wait on me.

Well, it was very much appreciated because it provided a lot of good information.

Glad to be of service. If you make it before I do, toss me a link for the d/l.

Count on it! :D

ps, I need a cool pic of the smiling buddha. Let me know if you can help.

Thanx..... :D

I will see what I can come up with for you. Do you want it as an avatar or a signature graphic, or both?

• 4 weeks later...

Hey fellas Suicide Commando is absolutly right is was me that started it quite some time ago, but for those of u that are truely interested I still have the max file i was working with that u could use as is or use it as a reference, now mind u it was pretty rough at the time i stopped. Alot of my work was bassed off pictures from the web and that nice map that Pyro Monty has i ordered it off the net for $5 i think and it was a huge help. So anyone really interested leave me an email address here I'll be sure to be back and check the post. I dont do much gaming and no modding anymore so i just wander in this place every once and a while just to see whats going on.

Hey LP glad to see ur still around to bro what ever happened to that totally top secret map :( i was really looking forward to seeing it in final form, becasue what was done looked totally killer.

Here are the screens i posted ages ago.

alc1.jpg

alc2.jpg

alc3.jpg

At one point I thought I might be getting 3ds max, so I had started the map in gmax, figuring when I got 3ds max I could transfer the file. I got most of the basic geometry of the outside done, when I found out it wouldn't work out for me to get 3dsmax (too darn expensive). If anyone is interested I could email that to you, see what you think or what you could do with it.

C

when I found out it wouldn't work out for me to get 3dsmax (too darn expensive).

http://www.discreet.com/products/3dsmax/ubisoft.html

Check out this page. It's discreets promo site for 3dsm. If you click on "Order Demo CD" and fill out the form they will send you a FREE fully functioning 30 day demo CD. That's how I got my copy. Yeah, it's only 30 days, but it's fully functioning and that's better than nothing.

the bodhissatva