Standard Upgrade by Earl

Chems

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Great mod.

I only have found one serious bug which is whenever you reload the Masterkey you automatically go from whatever stance you're in to standing. Otherwise this mod is immaculate. I also admire how the textures of some things (like the magazines) look identical to those released with ghost recon originally.

I also admire how the textures of some things (like the magazines) look identical to those released with ghost recon originally.

They might look the same from far away but the are a whole different beast up close.

They look A LOT closer to something from the original release than some of the mods I've seen that have M16 and M4 models. Sometimes the way the weapon is colored can make the whole model. Especially the professional level of the weapons from earl. Even the color of the weapons looks identical to the shades of the weapons released with the original game. Not hard to do, but still a very nice touch that is really what makes it so nice to just look at and salivate.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello all. Please excuse this post by the newbie. I'd like to thank Earl for the awesome mod, textures are awesome. But I have a quirk that bothers me. In the Platoon Selection screen, when I go through te available kits for support, the kits for the M240B (9-12) just show up as a couple of grey boxes. They show up in the view of the soldier and work fine in the game, but its a little something that bothers me and I was wondering if I was the only one or anyone knew how to fix it. I already tried messing with the priority, but that's as far as my mod-know-how goes. Thanks for the help.

Ohhhhhhhhh yes. I was thinking it was the rendered model in the soldiers hands... kit icons then. Well, that's probably because you are missing IT, which has the M240, from which I probably stole the kit icons.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wondering, is there a fix for the issue with the masterkey shotgun putting you in full standing stance when you try to reload? Its not much of an issue but slightly annoying at times.

Edited by Loot

i don't exactly know why you'd want to stand up when reloading but i only know about one fix for this awsome mod, and thats the 1.1 patch whcih fixes the M-4 textures

It doesn't give you much of a choice. I don't know why it happens, just try lying down and then reloading the masterkey, maybe its an issue with the Mac version (I'm running a Mac), but it seems unlikely.

• 3 weeks later...

I just wanted to add my two cents about this review. I think it is great because it is transparent. You can play with it activated and every GR game you play is just better because the weapons are so much more realistic-looking. Awesome job! Looking forward to seeing more of your work.