SWEBAT 2005 - Progress Thread

Tollen

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh dear, now you made my fingers start itching again Whisper...cource that made Lancers trigger finger itchy too  :blink: We do already have some G36's in the mod though...although not camo painted ones.

And before I forget again. Our main villain, Mamon, has had a weapon upgrade courtesy of Swartsz. He's permitted us the use of his excellent AKMS model, thanks mate!  :D

mamon.jpg

no problem, Snow. Glad i could help you. :D

Thanks mate

As usual I can't take credits for unit skins, as almost all of our skins these were made by Tollen and Iv'e had them stashed away for quite a while now. Haven't heared from him since he sent them though so we are unfortunately starting to regard him as MIA.

I sure hope he's having fun, last time I heared from him he was going through a hard time with a busted back. Hopefully that will of healead by now.

@Whisper: Thanks for offering mate, we're thinking about it. Should of answered that PM but I've been kinda busy with VBS1 and what you can see below. ;)

Here's the more or less finished Hkp11 (Yes Lancer it is a Huey :P ) model. Might have to tweak the texture some more as it is pretty dark ingame for some reason.

hkp11_final.jpg

hkp11_final2.jpg

Tagged to carry 8 troopers...or 9 if we put one in the Copilot seat.

Snow

Thanks guys.

I can't take full credits for that Huey as the model is Thumpers. We did alittle collaboration on this one with him making the model and me fixing up a texture for it.

@Blakarion: Never give up mate! ;) The more models and textures you make the better you get at it. From getting the base mesh from Thumper to this stage I've probably spent something like 10 hours working on it, spread over something like 2 weeks. 1 hour for adding in some small details to the mesh, 2 hours mapping the model and around 7 hours for painting the texture. 6 Hours of the texture work was done today.

And bout the PM...I'll take it up with the rest of the crew ;)

And as I was on a roll...exported the "new" textured Mercedes model, still need to tweak the seat helpers as the driver nearly has his head sticking though the roof :wacko:

gw_ingame2.jpg

(if the left front tire looks alittle flat that's only because I shot it out to stop it moving :o= )

:wall:

The wait is starting to get unbearable... I know that these things take time, but you guys are just coming out with the best stuff, and I can't wait to see it in action.

Perfection takes time. You guys are doing a great job, as if I needed to tell you that again. Pardon my axiousness while I wait....in anticipation of what could be the best MOD GR has ever seen.

Ok... got to go take the frustration out on the bad guys.... :o=

OK Gentlemen, here's the next vehicle to be in line for texturework. The Swedish PBV 302. Just finished off the mesh and it's time to head into photoshop and create it's texture.

pbv302_4.jpg

The odd looking thing across the front is intended to be a canvas tarp.

Snow

I sure hope he's having fun, last time I heared from him he was going through a hard time with a busted back. Hopefully that will of healead by now.

@Whisper: Thanks for offering mate, we're thinking about it. Should of answered that PM but I've been kinda busy with VBS1 and what you can see below.  ;)

Here's the more or less finished Hkp11 (Yes Lancer it is a Huey  :P ) model. Might have to tweak the texture some more as it is pretty dark ingame for some reason.

hkp11_final.jpg

hkp11_final2.jpg

Tagged to carry 8 troopers...or 9 if we put one in the Copilot seat.

Snow

WOW. That is amazing. If I could make a texture like that, I would retexture the YOTM Huey in a heartbeat.

Snowfella,

You mind if I add you to my messenger list? I would like to ask you a couple questions regarding textures. You just got my creative itch going.