SWEBAT 2005 - Progress Thread

Tollen

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome, thats a great model and wonderful tagging to the extremes and the texture is awesome. Just noticed on the wheels, there is a little shine on the front most wheel and back most that looks a little out of place. Awesome truly. If ya need any help with the merlin model id be happy to help i know how fun it is modeling cockpits.

Thanks guys! :D I'm just more or less amazed that I got that thing ingame and running on the first attempt, was sitting here expecting a massive CTD as I loaded it up the first time! All thanks to El Oso's great vehicle tutorials I might add, without them I wouldn't of had a chance!

Might just be an idea to try and make the turret land on the hull, as the animation plays now it flies up and to the right doing a 180 degree flip maing the barrel point back and also doing a 180 degree roll so it lands upside down. Shouldn't take me long to adjust that animation and make the turret land on the hull :devil: Toss in some collapsing suspension and that ought to be it.

The highlights on the rear and front drive wheels comes from the original Bradley's track texture, I've used that one overlayed with some CV9040 roadwheels. That way I didn't have to create a whole new animated .rsb for the tracks, might just try and paint out the highlight though.

Sure was, good spotting. Wolfsong has been kind enough to grant us permission to use the reticles from Swedish Force: For King and Country, we have also made a few new ones following Wolfsong's concept.

And not to worry all of you that don't really like those rets, we will also include an option to revert back to the original rets if so desired. ;)

Sure was, good spotting. Wolfsong has been kind enough to grant us permission to use the reticles from Swedish Force: For King and Country, we have also made a few new ones following Wolfsong's concept.

And not to worry all of you that don't really like those rets, we will also include an option to revert back to the original rets if so desired. ;)

They are the best damn rets ever released for GR. Period. :rocky:

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks mate :D

It's been a long time in the making already and will unfortunately take just that bit longer to complete. Right now we are busy re-compiling all the stuff into another Alpha as we have changed quite abit in the naming convention, unfortunately real life is kicking mostly everyone in the team at the moment and we are at abit of a standstill. Good news is that just about every weapon model is complete and ingame plus most of the character models are also done and ingame.

Once we get everything re-compiled we'll start the mission scripting phase properly, some missions are already complete and awaiting testing but might need some changes once we get everything together again.

Snow

Nice to see that things are comming along. Just dropped by to piont out an article with vehilce pics to SnowFella. It has many pics of the CV9040C in UN paint with swedish flag as well as a good pic of the rear part of the Patgb203A in UN white so you can see lots of details.

http://www.mil.se/index.php?lang=S&c=news&id=21278

Thanks mate, pics are always welcome! :thumbsup:

As a former member of the peacekeeping force I keep a good eye on Sweden's current deployments though so I'd already seen those pics ;)

Got some pretty dandy ones of the Patgb 203 courtecy of Tollen's digital camera laying and waiting on the harddrive too. What I'm mostly in need of right now would be high detail side, rear and front of the Pbv 302 and Ptgb 5 "Geländewagen". Although I'm almost to busy compiling our next Alpha copy at the moment to even start 3dsm up :(