SWEBAT 2005 - Progress Thread

Tollen

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That puppy was getting close to 2100 before I made several changes. Now it is about 1830 or so. Instead of modeling each individual round in the belt (there are seven visible) I made a single polygon and textured it with the belt image, saving more than 200 polys in the process. I have other weapons in the mod that do have each round modeled individually, which is a poly number bear. BTW: that is Snowfella's Swedish Aimpoint, not mine.

Yup, modeling individual rounds sure do crank up the polygon count as I found out making my Shrike mod! Those weapons tended to end up in the 2200 to 2400 polygon range with added scopes and acessories, looking at them now though makes me cringe! So many places where I could of modeled things with a heck of alot less polys!

And the scope on that KSP90B (Minimi Para) model Thumper made was indeed made by me, and is a poly hog (nearly 500 polys) on an otherwise expertly made model! Great work Thumper! :thumbsup:

Everything is looking good.

This will probobly be the last post you'll see from me at GR.net for a while. I've been away from here a long time and it will continue. The time I have to spend on GR and this community I spend at the Platoon instead with the veterans as I have more close friends there and also as I have some responsibiblity there of course. I look by here from time to time, maybe not login though, just to see how this mod is comming along.

Good luck with everything and if there is anything I can contribute with you know where to find me. The e-mail in my profile here also works. Gives much faster answers then tryign to use the PM here (just so you know SnowFella ;) ).

I've already praised the AK4's in our internal forum but it never hurts to repeat praise! :thumbsup:

And the AK4 is indeed a slightly modified HK G3 that was built on licence by the swedish defence force. It got adopted for use in 1964 and was used as main assault rifle by the swedish army up till 1985 when it was replaced by the AK5. Today its mainly in use with the Swedish homeguard and a few other forces. The main 2 versions that were built are the standard AK4 and the AK4 OR but recently the AK4's have undergone modifications turning them into AK4B's. The difference being removal of the ironsights and the addition of a Picatinny rail ontop of the reciever for mounting an Aimpoint sight.

And yes, there are versions IRL of the AK4 with added GL, acctually using virtually the same GL as the AK5 (a modified Colt M203) instead of the HK79 Launcher. Time will tell if those will be added to the mod though.

So do we mate! lol

So far only one mission has been scripted though, not a 100% complete but most of it is done.

The task list we have left to do is as follows:

Weapons

AK5 - Surefire handgrip

AK5B - Surefire handgrip

AK5C - Laser designator

KSP58D

AT4

MTB LAW

2 handgrenades

Flashbang (modeled, just needs a texture)

+ a few possible tango weapons if we find the time.

Characters

2 more characters needs to be done from scratch and almost all exsisting characters needs slight modifications to be used with the cuba environment tag

Maps: currently there is alot of work going on re-texturing maps to winter settings. Expect to see atleast 5 snow maps in the release

Vehicles

3 APC models to be done and 1 helicopter. Work has started on 2 of the APC's. Maybe if I get some spare time I'll toss in something unexpected :ph34r:

Missions: no real idea yet how many there will be but once we get the whole setup done we'll dig into them.

And to prove that I'm still alive and working, and not playing Op Stab during all my free time :P here's alittle work in progress shot on one of the APC's.

Sweden's CV9040C (I've posted renders earlier but alot of work has been done lately in texturing it. Still have a fair bit of work left to do though!)

9040c_12.jpg

Weighs in at just over 3000 polys.

The task list we have left to do is as follows:

Weapons

AK5 - Surefire handgrip

AK5B - Surefire handgrip

AK5C - Laser designator

KSP58D

AT4

MTB LAW

2 handgrenades

Flashbang (modeled, just needs a texture)

+ a few possible tango weapons if we find the time.

Snow, do you remember this:

Carl%20Gustav%20render_1.jpg

Carl%20Gustav%20render_3.jpg

I know there's a newer model out there (not sure which Swedish forces are using), but if this ol' thing is good enough for you, I'm sure we can work something out...;)

Ummmm, don't you remember mate? You've already donated the CG for use by us :D Don't think we have really returned the favour though so.....anything specific in mind?

And the Swedish army uses 2 different handheld AT weapons, the regular Pskott m/86 (US designation AT4) that actually is a swedish design from the start and the Carl Gustav grenade launcher.

The CG acctually excists in 2 different versions though, GRG m/48 and GRG m/86. Only difference being that the m/86 is a lightweight version of the m/48 plus it has a carry handle. Using mostly aluminium and plastic parts and with the tube made out of thinner steel coated in fibreglass the weight has been cut down from 14.2kg for the m/48 to 9.5kg for the m/86.

grg.jpg