White-Skull Valley

deleyt

I also have to say this is one kickass map, and in my opinion without doubt the best custom map that has ever been made. I think it's way better than the maps from TOF (Cartel and Traffic) as these maps has a ######load of bugs that makes them unplayable for example in coop mode, as for example the trees is wrong tagged and the tangos can see trough them. Low Lod models appears wrong etc.

I also have to give Deleyt and Zeko some credits for the details around on the map. There's some barrels, boxes, and different objects around on the map and this really makes the map more lifelike. The three different lightings is superb. and the different skyboxes for these light settings looks good. The rolling dust on the ground was a new one and I liked this aswell. (This is a exact copy of the ground, made transparent and tagged as rolling in the rsb. editor and lifted a couple of centimeters from the ground)(Yes, deleyt told it to me)

I haven't played to much on WSV yet, so I don't know how it will play out in TvT but I belive it will be great. Only thing I fear a little is that it get to complicated when there's not that many players playing.

Gamemenues, briefings etc. is very well done and this gives the mod a really good all over feeling.

All in all, a great mod and credits go to all the involved! :thumbsup:

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bad news: I just tried to convert your mod, Zeko, but no chance. I have done over 150 PC -> Mac GR Conversions but here I don't have a clue, why it isn't running.

I have shortened the too long filenames for Mac use. No problem at all, converted the sounds etc.

One obvious thing, is that you would have to reexport the menu backgrounds, shell pics, briefing pic.... The Mac only allows rsb files with A1R5G5B5 (Alpha - Red - Green - Blue Channels) otherwise the textures are totaly screwed. But the biggest problem is that your maps don't run. Your maps won't load. I have tried to delete the sht files, removed the unlight.maps, removed the Main_Menu folder from the Maps folder, which caused a crash even if you only select a Wild SKull Valley map in the map selection, etc but no success. Maybe it is the gigantic filesize of your maps!? - That shouldn't matter but I noticed that you maps are almost twice as large as the original ones.

Well, I don't know how different you have made your map than other modders have done them in the past, how close you kept with the GR 3DSM guidelines/polycount/lightning, whatever it is they don't work and unfortunaly I can't do anything at my end at the moment...

@ Loto, just mail me your conversion if it is less than 5 MB otherwise host it somewhere for a short period and I gonna download it from there and then add it our Mac Downloads. Send me the link via email please.

Regards,

Mauti

Is it possible to get boats to go along the river? I tried it (with the path and everything on the lowest level) but the boat hovered in mid-air along most of the river before eventually dropping down onto the surface. :huh:

EDIT: It works in one direction and not the other.

Edited by Recon

Bad news: I just tried to convert your mod, Zeko, but no chance. I have done over 150 PC -> Mac GR Conversions but here I don't have a clue, why it isn't running.

I have shortened the too long filenames for Mac use. No problem at all, converted the sounds etc.

One obvious thing, is that you would have to reexport the menu backgrounds, shell pics, briefing pic.... The Mac only allows rsb files with A1R5G5B5 (Alpha - Red - Green - Blue Channels) otherwise the textures are totaly screwed. But the biggest problem is that your maps don't run. Your maps won't load. I have tried to delete the sht files, removed the unlight.maps, removed the Main_Menu folder from the Maps folder, which caused a crash even if you only select a Wild SKull Valley map in the map selection, etc but no success. Maybe it is the gigantic filesize of your maps!? - That shouldn't matter but I noticed that you maps are almost twice as large as the original ones.

Well, I don't know how different you have made your map than other modders have done them in the past, how close you kept with the GR 3DSM guidelines/polycount/lightning, whatever it is they don't work and unfortunaly I can't do anything at my end at the moment...

@ Loto, just mail me your conversion if it is less than 5 MB otherwise host it somewhere for a short period and I gonna download it from there and then add it our Mac Downloads. Send me the link via email please.

Regards,

Mauti

Rgr that Mauti. I'll resave all Alpha textures and i'll see what could be the problem. I cant tell exactly without crash log. U can mail the crash log to zeko at team-srs.com.

@Recon: I'll look into the problem and let u know what could be the problem.

Thx for the nice comments so far. :)

just reminder: xm8sd's muzzle flash is in the place the non-sd is.Also i dunno whats its about but it crashes some times.Also i know that you cant have 5 objectives at once..i dunno if this is the problem but just telling you to let you know.

this is in my ike after i crashed out..i dunno if it will help but i heard you need to know all the details.

Loading map c:\program files\red storm entertainment\ghost recon\mods\white-skull valley\map\white-skull valley night\wsv_night.map

RSGameStateMgr::ProcessMessage() duplicate state change request

RSSndMgr: Error downloading effectE_INVALIDARG

<<<<<<<<<<<<<< taking screenshot from location: <244.056, 178.16, 11.2>

Loading map c:\program files\red storm entertainment\ghost recon\mods\white-skull valley\map\white-skull valley rain\wsv_storm.map

Timer Sound playing on restart

This "Timer Sound playing on restart" it seems like i may have only gotten it.i asked my stalker_zero who was playing also and he got the rest above it all but not that.

will be playing on the RSI server tomorrow,and the next day,and the next day :D

Hmm i didnt make the missions but after i opened them in Igor i can only see 4 objectives for Broken Arrow and 3 for Short Straw. I dunno where u saw 5 objectives RR_GRT...

I also dunno what u mean with XM8 SD muzzle flash (sorry m8 but english aint my primary language so u'll have to explain me some more :unsure: ).

Patch is in the works!

:P ..i didnt say there was 5 objectives,i said make sure there isnt 5 objectives(which you just said you checked). And on the XM8 ss sd,the muzzle flash isnt wherere the silencer is.Its in the barrel.

went in game and took this.

wsvss1.jpg

I find it a bit weird to see that much discussion about a mac-conversion really.

About 4 months ago I posted in this same forum asking Mac-users to post the exact requirements needed to run this mod on a mac.

I got ZERO replies to that request.

After that, I decided not to put too much attention to the mac-conversion and leave the conversion up to the Mac-community.

No response is no support....

With regards to the boats, has the river actually got two layers? a river bed and water? i fired nades into the river yet got no "water explosions" maybe there is no water? correct me if i'm wrong.

From my own map making to get water to act correctly it needs to be set above the solid ground a certain height ( i think, dont quote me, about 20cm min)

With regards to the boats, has the river actually got two layers? a river bed and water? i fired nades into the river yet got no "water explosions" maybe there is no water? correct me if i'm wrong.

From my own map making to get water to act correctly it needs to be set above the solid ground a certain height ( i think, dont quote me, about 20cm min)

Yeah it has "water" layer on it.

Click for larger image.

river_thumb.jpg

Not sure whats wrong w/ the boat. I placed it in water and it even shows that yellow circle on water level but ingame i get this crap.

river2_thumb.jpg

Any idea? :whistle:

As for the muzzle flash problem on the XM8's, just took a look in 3dsm and noticed that I haven't moved the muzzleflashpoint into their apropriate positions on 2 of them :wall: Only the standard XM8 has it placed in the right spot....shouldn't really matter on the SD's though as a suppressor in 99% of the cases suppresses the flash too (should have a really low scale value for the flash in the .gun file ;) )

I'll re-export them with the points in the right stop though and send on to Deleyt for a possible future patch.

Sorry guys :(

Not sure whats wrong w/ the boat. I placed it in water and it even shows that yellow circle on water level but ingame i get this crap.

Err take the Nitro out of the fuel tank in the outboard :)

check the origin helper point in the outer grouping <n><boat>, is there one and has it been set at 0,0,0 on x,y,z?

The boat seems to move along the river at one level so I think it might only travel at the height of the highest part of the water. As it moves upstream, it seems to go down to the right height gradually (or the ground moves up).

I don't think there is any non-flat water in any other RSE maps. Are there any other modded maps with sloping water to test?