White-Skull Valley

deleyt

WOW! What can I say, One of the best maps I have seen come out, you guys did a super job on the map......Well worth the wait! Thanks to the mod team for putting out a great new map for the GR community.

Can't wait to see how WST turns out.

Edited by jay316

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I relly like that 'fog' on the ground, at first i thought it was the movement of the clouds that projected on the floor, so i looked up..................no clouds :rolleyes:

but i think it looks awsome, i really like it ;)

its the best map i ever saw !!!

-mordred-

Now THAT is dedication - you know good and well that if you boxed it and put a price tag on it we would have bought it, but you did that for us for FREE. Any sadness we had over GR2 is made up for twice over by this mod! Thanks!

(By the way, if I were RSE, I'd call you up and offer big bucks for White Skull TOWN!)

Anyone hosting servers with this mod in multyplayer?

Red Sector.inc USA - 67.18.6.205:2346

Red Sector.inc Euro - 62.141.55.82:2346

TacticalGamer.com - 209.19.57.64:2346

House of Recon - 68.42.174.50:2346

[GR] PTR's warzone - 80.197.189.7:2346

That's according to ASE at time of this posting.

Awsome map m8 loved it, got lost a few times in the castle/house. Bear's bonking and biting cracked me up.

Just a few points i noticed, vertices in the river need lifting to join the bank as a white line shows in places.

The tunnel system could do with being a little bit lighter, i couldn't see nothing even with gamma on 60 and carrots for dinner.

The planes with trees on at the side of the map in one area outa be set back from the playable area, as it's really to give the impression of trees at a distance, so it looks a little odd when ur stood right next to em.

Sandbag textures have stretched on the top just needs tweaking in the UVM map.

All in all and awsome map, prob the best mod map out.Superb attention to detail, love the use of animations in the mist, river reeds.

A++ well done.Can't wait to do some multiplayer on this map.

PS who did the vehicle in the map? I'm after one of these but i need to wack a wopping ICBM on the back of it for my mod.Could i use this at all?? Would save me shed load of time modeling as i was going to have to do it from scratch.

Would need the max file tho as i'm adding to it.Credit to the creator obviously.

Well DAMN theres a map and a half for ya!!!

Played all three on the lAN today with th eboss, what a hoot!

Great texturing, color is VERY vivid, would be nice to see some new uniforms as I've shot most of these guys over and over again and they just keep coming back for more, suckers!

You did a ERALLY good job on this one, i can't belive how many mods I have downloaded and played that have extended the life of this great game by years.

If it wasn't for you guys (I was Gonna mod a map once but just don't have time) this game would have been another Finished=Garbage can game.

Thanks to everyone who keeps this alive for me, YOU GUYS ROCK!!

:thumbsup:

Zeko,

I gonna do the Mac conversion. It should be online at *DAMN R6(http://www.planetrainbowsix.com/damnr6/ ) tomorrow or on wednesday.

Bye,

*DAMN Mauti

Good news.

Mauti I converted the Kafee Sound Pack for Mac and was wondering how I'd post it on your site is there any process to submit mod conversions or do I just email it to you or something? I'm kinda new to this.

Deleyt, I enjoyed hopping on the server and playing a couple of rounds with you last night. As you can see from the comments thus far, everyone loves it! I hope we can go and kick some more tango butt sometime!

Buzz

:thumbsup: awesome map, one of my new favs already...only problem i have with it is all the lamers on ubi who wont play it yet :o=

anybody know good servers where i can play these great mods at? (im really getting sick of hx5, no offense to those who made it - id just rather play other mappacks once in awhile)

just reminder: xm8sd's muzzle flash is in the place the non-sd is.Also i dunno whats its about but it crashes some times.Also i know that you cant have 5 objectives at once..i dunno if this is the problem but just telling you to let you know.

this is in my ike after i crashed out..i dunno if it will help but i heard you need to know all the details.

Loading map c:\program files\red storm entertainment\ghost recon\mods\white-skull valley\map\white-skull valley night\wsv_night.map

RSGameStateMgr::ProcessMessage() duplicate state change request

RSSndMgr: Error downloading effectE_INVALIDARG

<<<<<<<<<<<<<< taking screenshot from location: <244.056, 178.16, 11.2>

Loading map c:\program files\red storm entertainment\ghost recon\mods\white-skull valley\map\white-skull valley rain\wsv_storm.map

Timer Sound playing on restart

This "Timer Sound playing on restart" it seems like i may have only gotten it.i asked my stalker_zero who was playing also and he got the rest above it all but not that.

will be playing on the RSI server tomorrow,and the next day,and the next day :D

The tunnel system could do with being a little bit lighter, i couldn't see nothing even with gamma on 60 and carrots for dinner.

Same here. Only way I could find my way around was by running forward and pointing around randomly whilst looking at the map to see if I was moving. :huh:

Apart from that, the rest of the map is great!

anybody know good servers where i can play these great mods at?

You can either use our servers or use ASE to find some.

I know House of Pain, TacticalGamers and [GR]Ptr is running WSV aswell.

The IP of our servers can be found HERE

Thanks for all the comments from everybody so far.

I won't go into answering all of 'em because that would make the post a bit long.

We do read them and take the comments with us for the patch.

Mission-scripters: feel free to script any campaign/mission on WSV.

We can even help you out if there are problems or specific requests.

To make life easier for you, I included the unlit versions of each map aswell, so you can set the lighting yourself if you want to retexture the map.

For people that like a differnt skybox, I also made two new ones which can be downloaded HERE.

This adds up to a total of 5 new skyboxes: sunny, night, storm, winter, cloudy.

Edited by |rsi|™deleyt