White-Skull Valley

deleyt

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ghetto1.jpg

very nice job man noticed on this..if you added some drain pipe tube things to the buildings it will add detail..just saying that if you didnt think of those..but of course you did :o=

very nice job man noticed on this..if you added some drain pipe tube things to the buildings it will add detail..just saying that if you didnt think of those..but of course you did :o=

I'm still working on the general layout of the map and to get the buildings straightened out.

All the detail will be added later. Things like drainpipes, escape-ladders, containers, ruble, barrels, sunscreens....etc.

All in good time. ;)

omg, you would not belive how good this map is, jeezus that little mod is never gonna be deactivated on my PC. Woowwwyy, its got so much, tunnels, lovly out doors, this waterfall top hanger like thing, bridges, tunnels, its soooo cool. D you are the man. :clapping:  :notworthy:  :drool:

It is an amazing map...Weldone D, Zeko and the rest of the team.

Thanks! Glad you like it :D

omg, you would not belive how good this map is, jeezus that little mod is never gonna be deactivated on my PC. Woowwwyy, its got so much, tunnels, lovly out doors, this waterfall top hanger like thing, bridges, tunnels, its soooo cool. D you are the man. :clapping::notworthy::drool::clapping::notworthy::drool:

I just spent a solid hour running round looking at stuff. Jeezus, I dont think I will ever play another map again. When is RSi testing this, and will I be able to come with my version??

I absolutely hate you. You have to rub it in.

Deleyt: The town looks like more fun to me....

Is there a light at the end of the tunnel? Can you soon declare an end to modding operations? Just promise you won't cut and run, that you 'll stay the course. We believe you mean what you say! (insert George Bush emoticon)

Any word on a deadline where you turn over the security of White Skull Town to it's inhabitants? June 1st maybe?

Is there a light at the end of the tunnel? Can you soon declare an end to modding operations? Just promise you won't cut and run, that you 'll stay the course. We believe you mean what you say! (insert George Bush emoticon)

Any word on a deadline where you turn over the security of White Skull Town to it's inhabitants? June 1st maybe?

Ofcourse there is!...A good product simply takes time.

I know not everybody is very aware of how to mod certain things for this game but the ones that do, will tell you that it's really time-consuming.

I'm not always reporting here simply because we have our own forum to report news: [RSi Forum: Modding]

Here are the last two posts I made there:

Here's one:

wst_street.jpg

And some extra eyecandy:

wsv_truck1.jpg

wsv_truck2.jpg

wsv_water_plunge.jpg

The truck is modeled and textured by Chems - and optimized and re-textured by moi.

Ummm tasty. Dont forget my second offer thou, but still got the destroyer to make, and base texture for you to re texture and the nite version. So then i get to have my fun! Hey D when you send me the next version dont wry about file size at all. ;) :tu:

I've added some new ridges to the map to increase multiplayer experience.

Also, some textures are changed and most bugs reported by the MP-test participants has been fixed. Thanks for your reports! :D

An extremely cool effect has been added aswell which will give the map an even more realistic atmosphere.

In addition, I've deleted some trees to improve playability.

To my surprise I found that my trees are switching from Low-LOD to High-LOD even better then RSE's are. :hypo:

A new version will be uploaded as soon as I got the rooms filled with objects.

(pss cant wait for WSVT its actually gONnA oWn dA GR modding world. Some Ubi MP speak for you all there)

Thanks Chems. Not sure what a Ubi MP is and what they speak about though and where :huh:

Nexus is pretty much finished with his mission and is tying up knots.

Thanks Nex!

Also H-Hour has his mission ready, but after some testing it might be a bit too demanding for lower-end machines. That mission needs to be optimized but is very much finished aswell.

The map (WSV) has reached version 0.95 now.

The uniforms by Ogre_H are also pretty much complete.

WST had to lay a bit on the shelve for the past 2 weeks due to WSV being fixed optimized, tested and fixed again.

I will continue on WST as soon as I've added the objects in the rooms of WSV.

Today I got a bit bored so I decided to redo the skybox of WSV into a night-version for Chems' relighting-job. I think it turned out nicely, although I'm not completely pleased 100% yet.

The night-skybox has ofcourse the mountains in the background, with stars in the sky and a bright shiny moon I made to fit.

Very curious how it's gonna fit with Chems' lights.

@ Chems: I'll send you the new skybox soon. I think you will like it. :wub:

As for a release-date: I'm not give one untill I'm completly satisfied and everything runs smoothly.

It won't take too long now though.

I might be releasing WST as a seperate add-on to the White-Skull mod, simply to speed up the release-date.

I'm not sure about it yet though.

Those vehicles look like the super sexy work of one Swede I know :whistle:

LOL..ehm..noticed the caption underneath the pictures?....that guy is english... :P

Here's some early pictures of WSV@night. I just made a new skybox (and couldn't resist testign it ingame) and it looks something like this:

Without night-vision:

wsv_night1.jpg

With nightvision:

wsv_night2.jpg

The stars will be changed as those turned out way too big for my taste though.

Holy hell! :o

Now that looks absolutely amazing! :thumbsup:

@Mamon: If you were thinking about me as the swede then thank you mate :D It's Chem's work though :thumbsup: I'm working on something not as flash but still useful in the vehicle department, and for WST not WSV.