White-Skull Valley

deleyt

I am 56k thou so it would mean some intresting file transfering or something. But I could do it in a day. easy. And it should be easy, i wont have to mess round reversing what RSE has done. And doing the abydos map was fun. Just hope you give me a blank ground map, with out shadow etc.

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am 56k thou so it would mean some intresting file transfering or something. But I could do it in a day. easy.  And it should be easy, i wont have to mess round reversing what RSE has done. And doing the abydos map was fun. Just hope you give me a blank ground map, with out shadow etc.

I'll send you a link soon, so you can get it there.

The map will be unlit ofcourse. I will send the .dmp with it though, in case you need it as a template or something.

The compressed file's gonna weight in at about 15MB (just wsv-map with textures)

deleyt, has scripting of missions commenced on WSV? If so how's it going?

Yes, it has. One mission is done which only needs small adjustments to improve playability for lower-end machines.

2 Other missions are drawing near to completion.

1 new Multiplayer gametype is complete aswell.

I don't have any idea yet.

Everything is still in bits and pieces now, which will be brought together in the end.

Also, WST, NIGHT-VALLEY and NIGHT-TOWN is an uncertain factor at this point.

I have thought about breaking the mod into seperate pieces like someone earlier suggested (IE seperate map, weapons and uniforms), but I don't think it's a very good idea as it won't do justice to the entire package if people just play with the uniforms, weapons or maps with missions seperatly.

What about breaking it up into equal 10mg parts, not having diff mods for each category, but breaking it up at the mod folder level, you know, how they have the diff folders for each function, Textures Mission Equip etc, just group a few of those together for each download, then the player just has to piece them together upon arrival, and that way you need them all to play.

What about breaking it up into equal 10mg parts, not having diff mods for each category, but breaking it up at the mod folder level, you know, how they have the diff folders for each function, Textures Mission Equip etc, just group a few of those together for each download, then the player just has to piece them together upon arrival, and that way you need them all to play.

That is possible. In taht case I think WinRAR would be the best solution.

I'll look into it as soon as the mod reaches it's final stage.

@San:  right back at ya.

ehe, sorry D for not replying a little more positive (and quicker)!

It was just I was a little shocked seeing the new Skulley-Town, I didn't know what to say ! (and the fact I hadn't had (*good English?) more time that day). * didn't have?

Great job on the Town. Nice fountain ! I Hope terrorists don't place bombs there.

:thumbsup: Keep it up :P

Will you allow fourth party missions to be made on these maps?

Ofcourse...the map itself is not open source, but everyone is free to script their missions or campaigns as they please on these maps.

You'll have to run it with this mod activated though.

Total list of maps in the White-Skull series will now be:

- Valley (WSV - 400x400 m.)

- Valley Night (WSVN) (re-lighted to Night by Chems)

- Town (WST) (Full Map 400x400 m. with all 4 Sections)

- Town Harbour (WSTH) (Harbour Section of WST - Mainly for MP)

- Town ScienceCentre (WSTS) (ScienceCentre Section of WST - Mainly fro MP)

- Town Park (WSTP) (Park Section of WST - Mainly for MP)

- Town Ghetto (WSTG) (Ghetto Section of WST - Mainly for MP)

I've also received a message from someone interested in re-lighting WST into an Night version. If this continues then another 5 maps will be added to this list (1 full WST + all smaller MP-maps in Night-version).

Ofcourse, the smaller MP maps will have their own individual extra details to make them slightly different then the full map-version.

Edited by |rsi|™deleyt

omg, you would not belive how good this map is, jeezus that little mod is never gonna be deactivated on my PC. Woowwwyy, its got so much, tunnels, lovly out doors, this waterfall top hanger like thing, bridges, tunnels, its soooo cool. D you are the man. :clapping::notworthy::drool::clapping::notworthy::drool:

I just spent a solid hour running round looking at stuff. Jeezus, I dont think I will ever play another map again. When is RSi testing this, and will I be able to come with my version??

Well done D!

I did have time for one very small screen, i didnt want to take a screen of anything new, something D has already shown you. See the look on those guys faces, thats awe, there looking out across the warmly lite sunny valley, at the sea weed gently ambling in the swirling river and listening to the distance crashing of the water fall up stream.

ScreenShot3.JPG