White-Skull Valley

deleyt

Lol Deleyt, you are crazy. Really looking forward to see this map aswell.

But anyway, I don't know if I'm happy or not. It took you almost a year to make WSV, and if you gonna use a long time on this one aswell I will be playing Ghost Recon 2 and have my first map ready there before you are done with this one... ;)

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol Deleyt, you are crazy. Really looking forward to see this map aswell.

But anyway, I don't know if I'm happy or not. It took you almost a year to make WSV, and if you gonna use a long time on this one aswell I will be playing Ghost Recon 2 and have my first map ready there before you are done with this one... ;)

This bit took me 1 day :P

Besides..it's not gonna be really complicated with lots of rooms or rooms crossing over and under eachother like Valley did.

Together with Zeko we learned a lot on White-Skull Valley.

Things go much faster now.

While testament to the skill and dedication of the modders (I am truler impressed by the screen shots), this map also highlights the shortcomings of Igor and the plugins used to create GR content. Forty hours for a bridge? Eight months for one map? I sure hope it's easier than this in GR2.

Keep up the good work guys. With the GR2 just around the corner, we all hope you'll have a more user-friendly and less time-consuming platform on which to display your extraordinary talents.

edit - oh, where'd you get the good urban textures? I think I recognize some from Embassy.

I got most of them from the internet on architectural sites and some from 3D-community-sites.

Most of them where in an angle so I had to "de-perspective" them first so they are usable as a texture.

Some were merged with others, coloured differently or made older.

I doubt you recognize one as being from The Embassy as RSE uses their own in-house artists.

If a texture does seem to be the same then it's coincidence as I'm not using any textures from GR at all.

Can i add that to the community mod whenever it is finished? Proper credit to you for map of course!

Only after the mod has been released for a certain time. After that, it's fine.

this map also highlights the shortcomings of Igor and the plugins used to create GR content. Forty hours for a bridge? Eight months for one map? I sure hope it's easier than this in GR2.

It is very time-consuming to learn it. As soon you know how it's done, it goes a lot faster.

Also remember that we are not doing this fulltime like RSE does. If I could do this fulltime, things would go a LOT faster......

I too hope GR2 has a better manual and more stable tools for GR2.

Will it be available in a nighttime scenario?

It might but I'm not promising anything.

It looks like Valley is going to get a night-version though.

Edited by |rsi|â„¢deleyt

:thumbsup: really amazing Deleyt...........

First of all i wanna congrat u guys on a job very well done, it looks even better than any gr map i ever saw!!!

Secondly i wanna thank u mate for all the help and good advice u gave about 3dsmax, it helped me a lot.

When i look at this map , i can only see that i still have a LOT to learn :rocky:

keep it up guys, it looks thrilling!!

I'm in need of low-poly destroyable objects:

- Cars, buses or other vehicles.

- Space-fillers like hotdog stands, kiosks

How about that?

I decided to make this map 400x400 meters (the maximum possible in GR)

There will be 4 quarters:

- The Townpark.

- The Ghetto.

- The Science-centre.

- The Town-Harbour.

The big map will then be clipped into those 4 parts I just mentioned and will make those quarters 4 maps on it's own.

The smaller ones will be much more suitable for TeamVsTeam-play while the big one will be very usefull for missions and COOP.

So. actually with one map, you get 4 smaller bonus maps.

That brings up the total mapcount for the White-Skull-mod to 6 or 7!

Edited by |rsi|â„¢deleyt