White-Skull Valley

deleyt

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Recon,Nov 18 2003, 20:13 ] Are these screens from the same map that the castle is in?

That is correct. The castle and the screenshots you're refering to, are all part of the same map.

Wow, this is going to be a great map! :o Any approx. release date? :)

Hey |rsi|â„¢deleyt and all others involved with the making of this mod.

Great work! Only one question.....Will this map be available as a seperate download from the whole mod?

GG's WW

What use would it be to seperate it from the mod itself?

do you guys play ladder aswell? or to busy with modding 

atleast i never encountered you guys.. but maybe we have diffirent times

We are looking into choosing a ladder.

There are a few ladders that are too much filled with cheaters or the admins don't do much about it so that's why we haven't decided yet.

Edited by |rsi|â„¢deleyt

What use would it be to seperate it from the mod itself?

Well to put it to you bluntly :) , Some of us out here in GR land love new maps. New mods are great, but they will in time become old mods. But having added maps will always be more interesting for a longer period of time. Dont get me wrong bro....I know first hand from playing your missions that you are by far one of the best modders out there. I love playing missions, but the most fun I have had out of GR since the day it came out is playing multiplayer against other "real" thinking opponents. That said....I prefer to be able to host "nice" maps without having to run a full mod. More people are likely to join a server if they have a map rather than a large mod. I also like running the game as it was originally made without and weapon/environment/ai mods. I am sure that alot of people would agree that maps have over all been the reason why many older games are still being played.

.....ramble ramble ramble. ....

GG's

WW

having added maps will always be more interesting for a longer period of time.

I prefer to be able to host "nice" maps without having to run a full mod. More people are likely to join a server if they have a map rather than a large mod.

I know what you mean but just a map will still require it to be treated as a mod that needs to be activated.

The map and it's textures take up most of the space anyway, not the guns or missions.

Pretty much anything that uses vast amounts of graphics or sound is the biggest contributor in filesize (IE: textures for the scene, videos, soundclips for the intro).

I also like running the game as it was originally made without and weapon/environment/ai mods.

A restriction kit will be added to use original stock only in case you prefer that.

We also try to balance our new weapons to the stock weaponry and not make the kits too big where you have to cycle 5 minutes before you get to your favorite.

Bigger is not always better.

Dont get me wrong bro....I know first hand from playing your missions that you are by far one of the best modders out there. I love playing missions

I wonder what missions you are refering to because I never made one :o:P:D

I'm a modeler, not a scripter ;) .

I wonder what missions you are refering to because I never made one 

I'm a modeler, not a scripter  .

Sorry....thought for sure you had a hand in the Alpha Squad missions we played durring the co-op tourney. :-"

and you get on their case about it. Just download the mod or dont. Play it or dont. Make your own if you dont like it.

Hey sleeper..... I believe I was actually nice about giving my opinion. It does not seem to have given deleyt and grief. He was very imformative with his reply...dont think the man needed your input as you put it. :nono:

What is it with people these days....anytime someone has a comment that is not exactly like thier own they have to take the aggressive stance. Get a life!

No wonder I hardly ever post on here anymore.

What is it with people these days....anytime someone has a comment that is not exactly like thier own they have to take the aggressive stance. Get a life!

No wonder I hardly ever post on here anymore.

:o Relax fella's. It's all good. group.gif

As soon as the mod comes out, you can check if it's too big or not.

I'm pretty sure you won't be dissapointed about the MP gametypes that will be in there aswell. All regular gametypes will be supported.

Sorry....thought for sure you had a hand in the Alpha Squad missions we played durring the co-op tourney

Chavez, Monkey and I believe Nexus too, made those missions.

I only did some missiontesting and grading teams.

Edited by |rsi|â„¢deleyt