+KillZZOne+.mis available = ]

[Codes]

Ok I finally got to grips 99% :D hehehe!! with Igor..

This mission contains some better scripting so it should never be quite the same twice.. after quite a bit of testing

:)

The Cinematics should be random too.

Below is a screen from one of the mentioned Cinematic scenes..They can be pretty :cool: too..So keep your eyes peeled ;)

Cinematic.jpg

The mission itself is sniper Based & you have to work your way across country to the Extraction zone..

Enjoy Folks :) :)

KillZZOne

Edited by [Codes]

I downloaded your mission, but I am not sure where I am supposed to install it. Do I just stick it in my mods folder? Thanks.

Hi Mate.Sorry I should have said..

Just place it in your /origmiss/missions folder.

;)

Happy Hunting..

The key to randomization is plenty of options...you.ll see when you look in the script

I,m no real expert,but I think it,s a descent start...

see what you think ??anyways :D

Feedback welcome = ]

Edited by [Codes]

OK I played the mission:

- shot all baddies (10 or so)

- destroyed the truck

- returned to extraction

nothing happens

is your mission not finished with scripting?

Then I went to Igor:

- there's 1 objective(reach extraction zone) but is never triggered to complete or fail

- I don't see any random events scripted

- I don't understand how the cinematic mode works, can u explain? I see when it's triggered (when a actor discharged his weapon) but I dont see a camera effect on the map

- I've seen a plan (for a team with 3 actors) like this:

plan step 1- alertness - combat

plan step 2- alertness - combat

plan step 3- alertness - combat

I think this is not neccesary because a plan is for the whole team, so only 1 time alertness set is enough.

OK thats your feedback, maybe you can help me now looking at my mission and tell me what you think of the scripting

Its on my site San's Place

good luck with scripting and (dont forget) playing !

Hi San :)...

To get the best out of the mission try it with yourself & 1 other team member

[pref]Sniper :)

The cinematic stuff is as you say triggered by an actor firing...But each time depending on how to go about the mission the actors could fire at any time...Giving a type of random Cinematic..

Not 100% figured out the camera placing stuff... :ph34r: As many other things hehehe!!! :D

Will have a look at your mission tonight & let you know... ;)

[codes] 1 other thing :

To make the Ghost to trigger an event (if they in a zone something happens) u must have (in Igor script) :

- a Tag : PlatoonRef, call it 'players platoon' or 'Ghosts' or something.

- StartUp Block with response Set player's platoon to the player-controlled platoon. (do this with VariableSetPlatoon, GetPlayersPlatoon)

You can end the mission if the 'players platoon' is in Extraction Zone.

To do this: u have to have a ProximityPlatoon in your script : Response: DeclareMissionComplete

I didnt see a PlatoonRef in your mission and no Proximity-trigger so thats why I couldnt finish the mission by arriving in the Extraction Zone.

Hope this helps you

Nice tip San thnx...

Just figured out the camera placing...too. in the script use either or both [Camera return or Camera View]The options are self explantry :) hopes this helps you a bit..I get terrible graphics though when I tie the camera to a certain view.I got a feelin it,s my drivers...Could anyone suggest/reccomend another version???...Using 28.31 dets...GeForce3Ti...

BTW..

I do,nt have the addons too play your mission....Sorry ...:(

add-ons ?

is it in the MOD-list of the game so you can activate it ?

after installation there should be a San Missions folder in your Mods folder.

it has a modcont.txt file, in there is the name you will see in the list of Quick Missions

There no add-ons, you only need DS for the one and IT for the other mnission

Thx for tip on cameras, i will try it, btw I use Gforce3 with 64MB got all details on HIGH (even shadows) and np ! only need to refresh memory once a while !

I got version 40.72 for nvidia gforce3 win98, maybe check the website for latest drivers, also check sound-drivers, because Ghost Recon uses alot of 3d sound.

Edited by San

aha I see, thats too bad, but i'm making a mission on embassy map soon.

it's about russians fighting against georgians, there civilians needed to be secured and the fighting must be ended, something like that

just thought of it minutes ago, thats my problem : I'm busy with one mission and thinking of the next hehe

Edited by San

I played killzone and enjoyed it, however the cinematic did not appear for me. Do you pu all the contents of the download in the mission folder, or just the mission? Maybe I did something wrong.

San: I just played your hostage rescue mission, and it was very cool. I like all the "surprise attacks" by the troop laden jeeps. I will try firefight later today. Let us know when you have some more. I can't get enough of custom missions on the IT maps. They are such awesome maps but I am very tired of the original missions. Thanks

I played killzone and enjoyed it, however the cinematic did not appear for me.  Do you pu all the contents of the download in the mission folder, or just the mission?  Maybe I did something wrong.  

San: I just played your hostage rescue mission, and it was very cool.  I like all the "surprise attacks" by the troop laden jeeps.  I will try firefight later today.  Let us know when you have some more.  I can't get enough of custom missions on the IT maps.  They are such awesome maps but I am very tired of the original missions.  Thanks

Hi hippeis..No you did install fine...:)

The cinematics are as I say random..& did not appear simply because the way the mission went..Try it a few more times..& take only 1 or 2 other Team Members with you.I play it with myself & one other Sniper..or maybe a rifleman..Try it you.ll see the difference :D :D

Glad you enjoyed it anyway..

Edited by [Codes]

tnx Hippeis for giving me and Codes some feedback

glad you liked my mission :)

it's not even completed yet:

- need more enemy-plans (defence stations, patrols, coverplans etc)

- different faces for enemies

- more sounds on map (birds, frogs etc)

I will keep it updated on my site.

Also will let you know when more missions are finished.

BTW Hippeis, how did you play my mission ? with 1 or a whole squad (6) ?

Its a tough one I know,

It was intended for Multiplayer Coop, but wanted it to be Singleplayer too.

Only the first part is tough (defending base), after that attacking the base is a lot easier. (Gonna make that hard too :angry: )

And I didnt even boost the enemy stats to 8, .

TIP:

If you set all stats to 8 except 1 (ie stealth), the actor has a weak point (makes a lot of noise).

Make a team with different weaknesses and you got more realism.

Maybe even randomizing the stats in script (if possible)