Radio Frequency Chip Imbeds

connie lingus

Greetings!

You may or may not have heard of WalMarts decision to introduce RF frequency chip tags imbedded into their merchandise.

These transmitter tags would be left inside the articles and actively report marketing info on the customer( i.e. the consumers tastes in products).

This raises concerns about privacy and freedom issues, as someone wearing a pair of shoes, shirt, pants, that are tagged, would also report the travels of that individual and not just at the point of sale. With whomever a person came in contact with would also be observed since everyone would have tags too.

The European Union also wants to have these RF chips imbedded into the Euro currency.

This would effectively control all commerce in a society, in a way that's never been done before!

The capacity for abuse by individuals users and governments is huge!

I'd be interested in seeing what possible consequences you can see in the use of this technology. :ph34r:

Personally, I think it ought to cause a revolt. What I do with what I pay for is my business and no one else's.

Big brother is getting to big for his britches at that point, and it will be up to the people to stop it.

Sounds to me like Walmart is an Under Cover shadow op for the government.

Marketing my ###### ! !

Greetings!

RF chips in a eurodolllar would give the EU government the power to see how much money you have in your pockets and where the money goes. It could control what you purchase and restrict or limit your purchases.

This could virtually enslave millions of people, in the hands of an oppressive government. :ph34r:

What I do with what I pay for is my business and no one else's.

And believe me, you wouldn't want to know what he does with the stuff he buys at Wal Mart...

*rely on Budgie*

And you know this how? I didn't think you could buy that stuff at WalMart :ph34r::lol:

(kidding, all in good fun: no harm meant)

As for this, I'm trying to figure out how they're going to implant a chip in toilet paper, bannanas, that good wholesome fried chicken we get here (seriously, there's a Super-WalMart aways from here that has Fried Chicken better than KFC, Popeyes etc). Also in things like my Tracfone card, my sister's barbie dolls.

I don't see it as being relistic at all. Imagine all of the suppliers they'd lose. WalMart calls em up and asks them to stick a chip in their product; said supplier tells WalMart to stick this chip somewhere else.

It's not going to happen.

I don't see it as being relistic at all. Imagine all of the suppliers they'd lose. WalMart calls em up and asks them to stick a chip in their product; said supplier tells WalMart to stick this chip somewhere else.

Greetings!

In the retail industry as a whole, the advent of RF chips has been eagerly viewed as replacement to the Bar Code. The reason that "suppliers" will go for this is because it benefits them with free marketing info. :ph34r:

Really, I think it would be the other way around - Wal-Mart has the clout and leverage to demand that their suppliers meet certain criteria, and the suppliers will comply because they do so much business through Wal-Mart.

my.02

Really, I think it would be the other way around - Wal-Mart has the clout and leverage to demand that their suppliers meet certain criteria, and the suppliers will comply because they do so much business through Wal-Mart.

my.02

Looks like K-Mart might get more business. :);)

I guess it depends on the supplier; some will be obedient and obey to Wally World, others will pack up and head over to Target (pronounced Tar-jay for you non-Americans. :) ), K-Mart, etc etc.

I still don't think I understand how they're going to do this... is this RF chip going to stay in the product? Or be a tag type thing? In the latter case; why bother?

I still don't think I understand how they're going to do this... is this RF chip going to stay in the product? Or be a tag type thing? In the latter case; why bother?

Greetings!

The operative word here is imbed. These RF tags are imbedded inside the product. Say its a textile like a pair of jeans, the tag is imbedded in the seam.

If you'll scroll up and hit on the above link you'll understand how small they really are.

The plan for putting these inside the Euro bills, the same way the tape that's inside US dollars is placed is also furnished if you'll page up. :ph34r:

Right, so like I said earlier; it's not possible for all products.

Why on earth would you put it in something that would be washed, or come in contact with eater (which is just about anything).

It's completely illogical to me; but that's me.