AHHH the gods are working against me

yep my third one of Ghost Recon from a diff store has the same fault :angry: my mum asked hte guy if they could check it because of our it but they said they got a memo and that everything was alright, but i slap Desert Siege in and it too like th others installs Ghost Recon instead of DS.

hopefully when i go back i might be able to find one of these "MEMOED" ones

Just a guess, but try emptying your 'Temp' folder.

Moved for more help.

ummm what the hell???? this has nothing to do with teh technical support forum and i don't think emptying my temp folder is gonna put Desert Siege on teh Desert Siege cd.

if you didn't notice i was going on about how my third try at getting GR complete has finished again with another faulty DS cd that has GR on it instead of DS, you know? so this topic has nothing to do with the technical support forum, just making a ###### really.

Alright Terry, calm down a bit. Actually it is a GR Tech support issue, in that you are having install issues. It seems really unlikely that this happens on 4 discs, when it hasnt shown up with anyone else. Im not doubting you, but I think something else is going on here bro.

Double click My computer, right click on your cd drive with the DS on it, and choose explore, and copy and paste the file list hee so we can see whats on the disc, so we can help you.

file list? whats that?

sorry if i seemed like i was angry i wasn't really, just that u can't show emotions really on the internet so it may have looked like i was angry

btw im telling ya the cd is faulty, teh guy told us he got a memo on it.

so let me just outline the problem here for yah's...

teh ghost recon game as in software install and stuff is on the desert siege cd, so there is no desert siege in this pack and two copies of the orig gr and one of IT

Edited by Aussie_Terry

Then see if you can go to a different store or order somewhere else like the internet. You are the only person Ive ever heard of this with.

Im just trying to help. Id also ask the shop where you got it, why if he got a memo, is he still handing them out, and not sending them back.

If you get another bad one, I think we will need to look elsewhere for the problem.

When you install Desert Siege (not you particularly Terry) it SAYS on the to0p of the isntaller it's instlaling GR, but it's actually installing DS.

Try running both installs (the GR adn DS CDs) again and see if you end up with an MP1 folder under Ghost Recon/Mods.

I noticed that with IT and that patches. It says "Installing Ghost Recon" when really it's isntalling Island Thunder.

When you install Desert Siege (not you particularly Terry) it SAYS on the to0p of the isntaller it's instlaling GR, but it's actually installing DS.

Try running both installs (the GR adn DS CDs) again and see if you end up with an MP1 folder under Ghost Recon/Mods.

I noticed that with IT and that patches. It says "Installing Ghost Recon" when really it's isntalling Island Thunder.

i'll try it but im also telling u the DS cd has the exact same files as the GR cd.

it seems that this isn't a rare thing in Australia, seems nearly everysingle one here has the same problem, my mum rang a store and the guy said that fault has yet to be fixed.

mine had no problem when i got mine (im an aussie too)

ah i see, what state u in? im in victoria, melbourne.

ruin i did what u said and it proved once more that GR is on teh DS disc, installed GR, then slapped the DS disc in and it said "Uninstall GR" instead in Install.

so you can stop running around now and come to the conclusion that GR is actually on teh DS disc

so you can stop running around now and come to the conclusion that GR is actually on teh DS disc

Excuse me for trying to help :blink: .... Well, only one thing left to do with the CDs then

"PULL!"

sorry bout that forgot to put in a smilie to show that i was joking around and stuff ;):)