FX vs. 9700Pro Rnd1 (Beta)

RooK

Well, picked up a newstand edition of Maximum PC that seemed to have some pretty good stuff. In it they benched a GF-FX (beta) against a 9700Pro. Take note that the GF-FX has 500mhz core (with a huge ###### hsf taking up an additional pci slot) and DDR-II mem (no mention on amount).

Quake3     UT2k3     3dMark Test 4

GF-FX        209fps      140fps     41fps

9700Pro    147fps      119fps     45fps

Edited by RooK

Ya that card looks huge tho its a nice touch that it exhausts to the outside of the card instead of into the case, i wonder when theyl actualy release information on what card models this will cover i know they want to release a good tv card Ati has the new all in wonder 9700 pro with remote, it will be interesting to see how long they take to release a full line up and what Ati will do they have the lead right now and i expect theyd like to keep it. this is probaly gonna cause issues with ppl who dont have a spare pci slot unless they change the cooling system on some of the new cards

best thing i see is the whole range of cards now available will hopefully drop in price drasticly making good quality gaming cards more affordable to ppl

Cooling will probably be the same and expect other cards in the future to have such drastic cooling solutions. These gpus are becoming mini cpus.

As for the nvidia AIW answer... don't expect anything as nice. Ati has spent years developing and making a nice entertainment suite out of their AIW cards, Nvidia has no such software or even past models that can compare to Ati. All Nvidia has to go on atm is its reputation, which might carry it. Who knows?

AFAIK, the FX is expected in the May-April time sector. Ati's next card is expected in the March time sector. ;)

ya my first non onboard card was an ATI all in wonder great card only 4meg but tv in and all kinds of options , your right geforce cards have never done as well in that part of the market.

it realy seems as if nvidia is having probs keeping up, this card has had some delays it will be interesting to see what the new ATI has to offer and wether it beats the FX and wether they get the new ram ready in time