Martyrdom and Carnage

Rocky

Download here (server sided mod)

There are over 28 coop missions in this server-sided Desert Siege mission pack, and according to the readme files, they offer a real challenge. There are two groups of missions, Martyrdom and Carnage.

Each of the CPU intensive Martyrdom missions can take up to an hour to complete, and could have as many as 100 enemies. Some of these missions are of the Recon variety, so if you are a Recon fan, try them out.

The Carnage missions also offer a challenge for experienced coop players, and will require some new skills to complete them succesfully....

Any high speed regs online that want to give one or two of these a shot?

SOTOMac and I tried 2 of them today, and they didnt work. Recon Extreme, and Daring Escape from the Martyrdom Pack.

Daring Escape slammed the server hard, booting to desk top. Recon Extreme has no boundaries marked on the map, and doesnt show the players on C Map, so you cant see where you are. You go too far iny a direction except one, and it locks you in place.

We arent sure about others yet. After an hour and a half of trying these 2 to see if they would work, we both needed to kill something, so we went back to tried and true.

Also, thee is still the matter of that DS_Store file. Anyone have any idea what that is? Mac didnt even know. What is it, and where does it go?

DS_Store files are created by the MacOS X Finder, and certain web servers. They contain layout information for folders/directories, and they can actually be used to exploit a web server, if you manage to get ahold of a file from a site.

I don't have the mods in question, but if there are DS_Store files... Rocky's right. Trash `em, and perhaps let the mod makers know. ;)

Also, thee is still the matter of that DS_Store file.  Anyone have any idea what that is?  Mac didnt even know.  What is it, and where does it go?

DS_Store files are created by the MacOS X Finder, and certain web servers.

Aha! Thanks :)

Thanks Dannik. That was driving me nuts. I was starting to wonder if that wasnt causing the mission crashes.

By the way, in case anyone is interested, the 2 missions I mentioned earlier have behaved exactly the same way on 2 servers now. I think we can probably rule out Server issues.

By the way, in case anyone is interested, the 2 missions I mentioned earlier have behaved exactly the same way on 2 servers now. I think we can probably rule out Server issues.

Daring Escape was the one we played last night, we played it about 6 times all in. It never crashed once, we really enjoyed it.

Maybe it's a dedicated server issue?

Wanted to update progress on the Carnage/Martyrdom missions. I had started having some trouble with my GR, so I did an unins/Reinstall, and now all work fine. These missions are a blast !! Havent been able to find a glitch in the lot.

Guess I just needed to clean things up in the GR directory. They all work great now, so far. I havent been through all of them yet, but the ones I posted on are working awesome.

Just thought youd all like to know.