Why Police deserve more respect.

RooK

Some of you may or may not know that I have an uncle in law enforcement. He's currently retired, but he was a State Trooper and served as Sheriff in his home county up until a year ago. This is the a good example to why people should give police more respect for the work they do, they take more risk on the job than you probably ever will in your lifetime. This can also be a reminder of what your getting into if you are considering law enforcement as a career.

Photo was taken by a State Trooper, the guy on the left is my uncle. I'll explain the situation later after some people have seen it.

http://10mm.virtualave.net/day%20on%20the%20job.jpg

I saw the pistol but not the rifle on top of the Celica. I would say it is a standoff in a city department parking lot, probably the Sheriff's office your Uncle works at. The guy prolly wanted to spring his GF or something, maybe a brother or other family memeber.

The guy one the right has a .38 in his left hand to his head, a .357 in his right and a rifle on the car. The location is at the parking lot of the county courthouse. His wife was filing for divorce that day, and apparently he wasn't going to have any part of it. Although he did try and get the officers on the scene to shoot him (suicide by cop), they eventually got his dad there and he managed to talk his son out of whatever he was going to do and to surrender. Not training.

My uncle is good enough to take care of himself. If I'm not mistaken, that snubby he has in the pic used to be his backup weapon when he was a State Trooper.

I was right, suicide threat. Seems like Suicide by cops is becoming more popular... it's scary.

I've worked with cops before, they have my respect, although I wish I could do more.

If you want to do more, join the Explorers.

I was right, suicide threat. Seems like Suicide by cops is becoming more popular... it's scary.

I've worked with cops before, they have my respect, although I wish I could do more.

If you want to do more, join the Explorers.

I did.

Our Major left; and the post went to heck from there. Only a few people stayed (like 3 our of 25). We all loved him, but he decided it was time to go, and so did everyone else. And our current Captain is going to college (graduated this apst school year) so that leaves one a-hole and an 8th grader.