56kers, do u get disconnected alot?

cajun47

Service disconnected, or kicked? Sometimes servers will kick a player, not the host. I've seen this a few times, especially with servers that are nearing their maximum limit. How long are you connected to a game before being ejected?

Also, you might check your dial-up properties just for kicks - check the time-out slot, and be sure it is de-selected.

Are you running behind a software firewall?

Probably should have been posted in Technical Support...

I have 56k and to top it off, my phone line is the same as my internet. So in other words, if I am playing and someone calls- I get alot of lag or disconnected.

I can play for 5 hours straight or 35mb of data transfer before I get forcfully disconnected from my provider. Thats 5 hours straight of GR with 21+ppl, no frags and 4-5 spawns each & little or no lag.

:lol:

3 and a half hrours to 4 hours is how long i can stay on before my damn ISP d/c mes but in that time i can get some good games .

BTW zantar im glad to see another person who going to want Soldner :) ive seen a couple ppl from over here and the other sites over at Soldners forums

I have 56k and to top it off, my phone line is the same as my internet. So in other words, if I am playing and someone calls- I get alot of lag or disconnected.

just turn call waiting off, simple, i get 5 hours before my ISP diconnects me. and it will also diconnect me after 20 mins of inactivity

You lot can not be in the UK then.

Hmmmmmmm.......... ;)

*looks down at sig*

oooookkkkkk.......... :blink:

Only joking :lol: ,seriosly though, only getting 2 hours must be a real pain in the you know what.

;) Yes only 2 hours. The phone companys in the UK are restricted by Brittish Telecom and slowed up the whole internet revolution as they were the only telephony provider untill the 80's and even then BT managed to crush Mecury Telecom. BT slowed up the whole telephony thing by owning the local loop (the part of the phone line that connets your house to the main network).

We now have a few telephone companys in the UK but BT still has to be paid by eacy company.... for the local loop connection :angry: With this most of the phone operators have HUGE debts in the UK with 3G and broadband internet which keeps the price of internet up.

BT isn't a good ISP they terminated out contract after a year for over use???? was like ######.... much apreciated. So I changed ISP to virgin.net which is a few quid cheaper and I havent had a problem since... only thing is the 2 hour cut off :wacko: I did question my ISP about this and I got a responce to that fact that it wasn't to be reviewed since most uk isp do this. I think only AOL UK dial up dosn't cut you off after 2hours......... its all crap on dial up in the UK but then broadband is too exspensive for what it is...