Splinter Cell Review

Ruin

As pulled from AGR-S.com:

Splinter Cell X-Box Review:

Intro:

Breifly; Splinter Cell is based around stealth. The ability to do what the Ghosts should. Be Swift, Silent and Invisible.

My Opinions

Story Line:

Although I have not beaten the game, the story line is a rather interesting one to follow. The news clippings in between each mission, and the constant updates from Lambert keep you fairly informed. It develops quickly, but still allows for a great 'learning curve'. (very few timed spots, mission critical areas etc.)

Gameplay

Animation:

Gorgeous. The only way to describe it. His hands actually touch the ladder! All motions are very precise, the mouths even move in synch with who's speaking and when.

Specialty Moves:

In Splinter Cell there is a lot of 'speciality moves'. Things like rolling, human sheild, using a zip-line etc. All in all these are there for a purpose. They force you to "Think twice, act once".

Weapons:

MAWS and Pistol. Need I say more. :) The MAWS is enough for one man to take out a Georgian army! Wait, that's what happens. Nevermind... Anyway, I was highly impressed with both these weapons. You have to make Sam stop breathing for more accurate shots, and you have to make sure that when you fire a Sticky Camera, Gas Grenade etc it doesn't bounce back.  :blush:

With the ability to use human sheilds this makes for some interesting combinations. All in all, very impressive.

Utilities/Gadgets/Tools:

Again, a neat array of things. Fiber Optic Lens, Flares, Destraction Cameras and so forth. All of these and more to your disposal. Again, thins that force you to think, and utilize what you've got.Being one man with a small array of weapons against an entire army makes things interesting.

Missions:

I'm on mission nine and have thouroughly enjoyed all but one. CIA HQ. But I wont give away too much on that. All are challenging enough to be fun, but not frustrating. Well, I take that back. There are some parts thta had me saying some rather 'colorful' words and made me turn red in the face,  :blush: .

Overall:

Pros:

What more cna I say, this game rocks, and is incredible. I've always been a big fan of 'solo-stealth'. Not worrying about other people, and keeping quiet. This is definatley a style of gming I've never seen. With little things thrown in, like shooting lights, KO (Knoing Out) enimies, unhidden bodies triggering alarms and tiny rewards, it keeps the interest going.

Cons:

Very few. The field in the Abattoir level is difficult and could make some one give up. :D

I didn't like that some lights were bullet-proof, not very realistic. Also, that if you're not COMPLETELY shrouded in darkness, then they can see you.

But that's it really. Oh, and hiding bodies, this becomes a tedious task.

--------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, sorry the review is so rough. I just wanted to get out what I could.

i have Splinter Cell on the Xbox. in my opinion it is the best 3rd person shooter i have ever played. the detail in the levels is ureal, the enemy AI is extremely tough, the weapons are a perfect match for the style of game play and just being able to sneak up behind someone and interogate them with a gun to the head is too cool. :rocky:

Very few. The field in the Abattoir level is difficult and could make some one give up.
this level is one of my favorites but it is a little tough.

Oh, and hiding bodies, this becomes a tedious task.

this is very true, miss one body somewhere and an alarm will sound shortly.

that fact that you have to hold you breath while snipin.
actually this is my one beef of the whole game. at a distance of 35-40 metres the crosshairs are bobing all over about 1 metre each way and he can only hold his breath for about 5 secs. i have done some shooting over the years with various rifles and scopes on them, i can hold a gun steadier then the charater in the game who is a trained sniper. sometimes it is very hard to get a headshot on a moving before his breath metre goes down and the gun starts bobing again.

Good review, did Day's review get deleted with the attack?
That wouldn't make much sense, since only GhostRecon.net was affected by the attack and all my "other" work (anything not related to Ghost Recon) is at AGR-S.com - including my Splinter Cell X-Box review :)

Current release date (after the delay) is February 28.

I'm aiming at getting a Splinter Cell PC preview written up this weekend - Rocky/Ubi Soft were nice enough to provide me with a four-mission preview copy :D

Oh, this forum is really only for Ghost Recon console discussion :rolleyes:

One big thing that dissapoints me about Splinter Cell:

This hard boiled, sharp as nails, silent as the wind commando can´t shoot!

The crosshairs is just all over the place and it´s impossible to hit anything really.

But´s that´s maybe just a hint from UBI to the populance: "Don´t shoot people".... *sigh*

But as long as I don´t shoot people, it´s jolly fun.

The crosshairs is just all over the place and it´s impossible to hit anything really.

ya another funny thing about that is it only moves around when the scope is activated, if not he holds his gun straight as an arrow shot after shot even on full auto. <_<

does anyone know of any codes for Splinter Cell??? i have beat the game many times and on different difficulties hoping it would unlock something, but it seems there isn't anything extra. all i want is a code to give me the rifle in the early stages of the game. i have searched all over but all i come up with are little tips on how to pass a level or dispatch enemies. this can't be the only game out there without any codes to it, can it? :huh:

Oh, there are plenty of games without any cheats. In the same genre as Splinter Cell, there are the Metal Gear Solid games. (You can unlock stuff by beating the game, but there are no cheats unless you use cheat cartridges such as X-Plorer or GameShark.)

Looking around, I can't seem to find any cheats for SC at all. If they exist, they're really obscure and only known to the developers :P

If anybody wants to see a 25 min interview with the makers. here is a link so that you can watch it.

here we are.

They talk about how they made it and what stuff they wanted in it.

Also, browse the site to see if you can solve any of the things that you need for any games you might have. it has great walkthrough and almost anything you might want.