Downtown Map

SIX

I have found myself totally intrenched into this map. Does anybody else shoot this thing up all the time too?

There are some things I would like to change, but I don't know my hands from my ###### in IGOR.

This map has me dreaming at night of it. :wall: Weird eh? :o=:o=:o=

The guys over at Project X have actually done an adjustment of this mod. The only problem with it is they call the location Beijing, N Korea :lol: But, it adds more, yes more, baddies. Believe it or not.

there are 2 downtowns now (if ya didnt know)

1st sux because of lag (as Hotdog already mentioned) and walls u can see through. Also AI doesnt follow you into buildings at same place you go in.

2nd also sux because of buildings u can shoot through (enemy can), donno if this is intentionally done by modders. Also AI cant follow into buildings.

besides these errors they are awesome maps (specially the 2nd).

I'm not using the maps for my mod, but will stick to the GR/DS/IT maps instead, so my mission will work !

I haven't tried the Aussie map, but I will tell you this, there are some issues with NMM's mod. Here is NMM's site. HOWEVER, this mod rocks, period.

I just can't say how much I have enjoyed it. You have to work very fast and regardless of whether you like to or not, if you want to make it through with everybody alive, you have to F6 all the time. It is really a thinker.

i got rid of that map quick, i havent seen a map as badly made. they had a great idea but didnt learn how to make maps. its just frustrating when you see a map like this and they just didnt make it correctly. it has severe portal problems, severe 2d and 3d collision problems, no lighting applied(and apparently cannot be applied due to several bugs), hallways and stairwells too narrow(need at least 160cm), bad texturing(its difficult to see where doorways are), the ground is a single tiled sand texture, etc. most of the problems with it can be easily fixed. maybe if they get enough feedback on it theyll fix it up right. i only ran through the map maybe 2 times, i just hope they fix it. i dont mean to offend anyone, map making isnt easy, but theres plenty of people willing to give them a hand. if you like the map, thats fine, its your opinion, i like it too in a way, its just all messed up. ;)

Yyovan4, that is EXACTLY what it looks like and if your using his skins for the Delta troopers, that is how it feels. It is a really fun map.

XRW, I know what you mean. It does have problems. However Nishi seems either caught up in himself and his several "abilities" or he just doesn't like people. I gather this from reading his web site. IMHO if a person wants to build maps or mods and release them to the public they should support it with email or at least a user forums worth a crapola. If they don't want the public asking questions all the time they need to do what a friend of mine in FlightSim modding does: He makes airport scenery that would rival any payware out there and NEVER releases it to anybody, because he would rather use the stuff himself and enjoy his own work than having to answer questions in email and forums all the time. Maybe somebody like Nishi needs to simply just keep his mods private if he isn't willing to support them.

Nevertheless, I get a kick out of this map! :hehe:

This reminds me of so many maps where the mission doesn't really do it any justice, or the map can support several different missions but only one, rather simple one is included.

Until you figure out a very simple trick the map is difficult or almost impossible to survive in sp. Once you figure out the trick, and I admit it's rather obvious, it's too easy (since the scripting doesn't adapt to it).

I hope some mission designers will go and have a look at some of the great maps that are going unused for a lack of missions.

OTOH there are some original maps (original to GR anyway, don't know where they come from) that kind of suck, but the missions are so good you forget about it and get really immersed.

Oh well the people who make this stuff aren't getting paid for it, and they are donating their hard work to the community and keep the game alive until RSE shows up with their hand out again.