How to install the patch (HU_101_Fix-v201) for Heroes Unleashed Mod

Hello;
Can anyone please provide some guidance on how to install the patch (fix) for the Heroes Unleashed mod? When I unzip the patch (HU_101_Fix-v201) all I see are a bunch of files but no instructions. 

I unzipped the Heroes Unleashed mod and installed it to the Mods folder in the Ghost Recon directory as instructed. For the patch, do I replace the files in the Heroes Unleashed mod with the corresponding ones from the patch? For example, the patch has a folder called "commandmaps" - do I simply place the files in the Heroes Unleashed commandmap folder and then overwrite when prompted? I tried to do this with all the files in the patch but when I start Ghost Recon and look for mods, the Heroes Unleashed is not shown (the only available mod that is shown is HU_101_Fix).

Any help would be appreciated!
Best,
Tony

hello do not replace the files , use the (HU_101_Fix-v201) as an additional mod for Heroes Unleashed. 
unzip the package you will see a folder HU_101_Fix 
move it into the mods directory of your game activate HU_101_Fix with highest priority after starting the game
the repaired missions always have fix in their name

image.png.d976c4dab534d57ad18b047ebc4e5f2b.png

image.png

Edited by Eisenhauer

Thank you very much for taking the time to reply, Eisenhauer - much appreciated!

I have another question, if I may: I like to play the HU mod but with the kill chatter and certain HUD features of the original Ghost Recon. The readme with the original Heroes Unleashed mod says you can add the HU - Legacy addon mod to allow many of the features of the original Ghost Recon while enjoying the improvements of the Heroes Unleashed mod. However, if I have the HU mod, the HU - Legacy mod, and your your patch (HU_101_Fix) all active and I give your patch the highest priority so it looks like this in the mods tab under Options:

Desert Siege
Island Thunder
Heroes Unleashed
HU - Legacy 
HU_101_Fix

I don't get the kill chatter with this arrangement. If I give the HU - Legacy the highest priority and your patch the second highest then I lose the magnifying lens on the map (I may lose other features as well but this is the only one I've noticed).

My question: Which mods do I need to install (and in what order) so that I can play the Heroes Unleashed mod, patched with your fix, and with the legacy add-on fully functional.

Thanks again for your quick reply to my previous post!
Best wishes,
Tony

give HU - Legacy the highest priority this should work, go to HU - Legacy search under shell/art/hud cmi_b.rsb copy the file paste it into an empty folder rename it to cmi.rsb and paste it back into hud then the magnifier will work

Edited by Eisenhauer

Thank you once again for your quick reply, Eisenhauer!

I tried to follow your instructions but I am a bit confused (apologies - this is the first time I am playing around with modding files and I'm not sure what I'm doing).

In HU - Legacy under shell/art/hud I found the file cmi_b.rsb as you mentioned, but I'm unclear what I am supposed to do with it. You suggested I "copy the file paste it into an empty folder" - an empty folder in the shell/art/hud directory, or anywhere on my desktop (I assume this is a temporary folder). If I rename the "cmi_b.rsb" file in the empty folder as "cmi.rsb" and then copy/paste it back into the shell/art/hud location, will this not cause problems since there is already a cmi.rsb file under shell/art/hud? Or do I overwrite if prompted? Can I then delete the empty folder?

One other thing: I gave the HU - Legacy highest priority and you are correct, it does work - thank you for the suggestion! However, I notice that the kill chatter is NOT accompanied by any onscreen text. In fact, none of the chatter has any onscreen text (for example, if one of my team members makes a kill or takes damage, in the original Ghost Recon there was accompanying text with the voices but now there are only voices). Is there any way I can get the onscreen text back together with the voices?

A big thank you for all your help, and my apologies once again for being new at this and not quite understanding what to do. I love the game and the mod!

Best wishes,
Tony

• Like 1

Overwrite the cmi.rsb file under shell/art/hud in the HU - Legacy folder.
But let's be honest, if we undo everything, we might as well play the original. The sounds have been muted at the request of some players to make the game more realistic. The problem is that I walk through the terrain and immediately get a notification when something comes into range. In the HU - Legacy version, some sounds that were removed in HU_101_Fix are now back in. 

if you insist on the sounds, delete the folders M_Voice,F_Voice under HU_101_Fix/sound 😉

Edited by Eisenhauer

Thank you once again for your help, Eisenhauer!

It's not that I want to undo everything and play the original - I'm enjoying the new features of the mod and only want to retain certain aspects of the original.

Your advice regarding the cmi.rsb and the magnifier worked - thank you! 

I may not have made myself clear regarding my question about the onscreen text appearing when a kill is made (or whenever any of the characters speak). The sounds are not the issue - I am hoping to be able to see the text on the HUD whenever a character speaks. This tells me which team member is speaking and helps with my strategy. Is there any way to get the text to appear on the HUD when a character speaks?

Thanks again for taking the time to help a newbie!

Best wishes,
Tony