Happy Birthday

WhiteKnight77

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks everyone. You know how people say, "Damn I feel like an old man." I never say that. I feel like a kid. Well sometimes not - like Saturday when the wife and I decided to see the 2000 (8pm) showing of a movie. I never knew theaters are now the place to go and text message friends. It reminds me of why I can't stand most, not all, but most teenagers. Other than moments like that I certainly am not feeling the years. Of course I also can't believe I made it this far. Just another testament to blind luck and relentless hardheadedness I guess.

Well, if it's any consolation I hate teenagers too and I'm a bit younger (36) ;)

I had a couple of teenage girls (maybe 15-16) as customers recently. As always, I try to communicate "at eye level". But of course, all my sad attempts at "teen speak" failed miserably and all they saw and heard was a goofy old fart. My mates laughed their guts out when I told them :lol:

Respectfully

krise madsen

Well, if it's any consolation I hate teenagers too and I'm a bit younger (36) ;)

I had a couple of teenage girls (maybe 15-16) as customers recently. As always, I try to communicate "at eye level". But of course, all my sad attempts at "teen speak" failed miserably and all they saw and heard was a goofy old fart. My mates laughed their guts out when I told them :lol:

Respectfully

krise madsen

IMO, it's more difficult to [attempt to] read written 'teen speak'. Half the time it's just like a text message (re: txt msg), even in forum posts. I don't think they realise it takes the average person, who can be bothered to take the extra 0.2 seconds to write properly, like twenty minutes to be able to work out a single sentence of 'teen speak'. I dunno what it is, maybe it's just laziness, maybe.... I dunno. Don't get me started on: the fact I is ALWAYS a capital, and at the start of EVERY sentence is ALWAYS a capital; 'there,' 'their' and 'they're' ARE NOT one and the same, they are three different words to mean three different things - same with 'to,' 'too' and 'two' (re: 2) aswell as 'your' and 'you're' (re: ur). Around here, we have a phrase for this madness: lern 2 spel.

P. S., happy birthday HF.

Respectfully

krise madsen

IMO, it's more difficult to [attempt to] read written 'teen speak'. Half the time it's just like a text message (re: txt msg), even in forum posts. I don't think they realise it takes the average person, who can be bothered to take the extra 0.2 seconds to write properly, like twenty minutes to be able to work out a single sentence of 'teen speak'. I dunno what it is, maybe it's just laziness, maybe.... I dunno. Don't get me started on: the fact I is ALWAYS a capital, and at the start of EVERY sentence is ALWAYS a capital; 'there,' 'their' and 'they're' ARE NOT one and the same, they are three different words to mean three different things - same with 'to,' 'too' and 'two' (re: 2) aswell as 'your' and 'you're' (re: ur). Around here, we have a phrase for this madness: lern 2 spel.

Just so I am properly communicating my desired intentions with the flowering youth of today's culture, help me out.

What is teenspeak for, "If you don't put that cell phone away I am going to snatch the ugly right off your face. And if your boyfriend with the plucked eyebrows and guyliner looks at me like that one more time I'm gonna mash him in the head."

Edited by Hatchetforce

Respectfully

krise madsen

Just so I am properly communicating my desired intentions with the flowering youth of today's culture, help me out.

What is teenspeak for, "If you don't put that cell phone away I am going to snatch the ugly right off your face. And if your boyfriend with the plucked eyebrows and guyliner looks at me like that one more time I'm gonna mash him in the head."

I would use those exact words and watch their jaw hit the floor.

• 2 weeks later...

I know I'm late at, but still Led is a great guy and he deserves some attention.

Happy B-day Cpl Ledanek!

:charge:

PS LOL yea there were a lot of tanks there..nice parking skills but I guess they don't worry about dents!