VBS Script and Synchronization blender and 3ds max

RussiaGhost

Hello. Does anyone know how to turn the application through the VBS script?

Set WshShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
Ma = WshShell.AppActivate("Untitled")
WScript.Sleep  50
If  Ma Then WshShell.SendKeys("^0")

I have such a script that launches my script of 5 3DS Max from the operator to a blender. But this makes an active 3DS Max window. I want to use this to transfer the properties of objects from the blender to Max and thereby make a ready -made card for playing a blender in several clicks and throwing everything into Max.

Edited by RussiaGhost

If you run 5 max and blender simultaneously, using VBS, you can cause pressing the 3DS max keys and thereby start the script in it. This script can be written using a python in a blender and when performing the operator to make it at 3DS max. For example, I so tried to make the allocation of an object that is allocated to a 3DS blender. For example, I also want to make the basic properties for objects for cards and transfer them to Max. To transfer the geometry itself through export to the FBX file.

• RussiaGhost changed the title to VBS Script and Synchronization blender and 3ds max

.thumb.png.b7487344369ec336dcdff12bba85b23b.png

In reality, I force a blender to write pieces of code for max and execute Max this code. An example to highlight a dummy from the FBX.

.thumb.png.7d886da5e2f16b31440c7649141d6087.png

He announces the code of Max the script writes through his operator to Max Mile and makes Max fulfill it.

Edited by RussiaGhost

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 30/12/2023 at 15:16, orangesky said:

Congratulations on building such a useful tool. I would like to help with the work, but I'm not good at programming.

I find your project extremely interesting, and I'm keeping track of the updates. Are you planning to share this tool with the community?

I’ll deliver from large glitches I think yes, I’ll post it here. Max with Max is a little easier to do in places.

I studied a little python to at least somehow navigate in the code and API Blender.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

On 1/23/2024 at 8:21 PM, RussiaGhost said:

I’ll deliver from large glitches I think yes, I’ll post it here. Max with Max is a little easier to do in places.

I studied a little python to at least somehow navigate in the code and API Blender.

I'm curious to know the current status of the project.

You've generated a lot of hype in my modder heart, hehehe.

Edited by orangesky

On 08/04/2024 at 16:28, orangesky said:

I'm curious to know the current status of the project.

You've generated a lot of hype in my modder heart, hehehe.

.thumb.png.ca39faaf8570fe842f6d07b3c277ed49.png

Now I made a transfer of 5 max in 1 click on a python. True, the properties work correctly on a separate object. I signed up for a paid study on a python and perhaps in the future I am a better modernize the script.

It turns out to be for textures you can use TGA format in 32 bit format and he knows how to read alpha channel and the game itself will make RSB out of it. This simplifies the work in paler because the blender knows how to use it normally, I think you can immediately make a texture in TGA. Exports through the operator M MAP work but it is necessary to do better because he is now doing the assignment of a room group only for an active collection.

In general, ideally, I would like export immediately from blender, but I do not know Python so well, and even more so, geometry export algorithms and details of the formats.