Recording REPLAYS as MOVIE FILES

this program will only record the replay not the sound u need a sound recorder for this

i used movie maker for it and then open some gr folders in the game itself and took out some sayings and peeps talking

couldnt u just put a mic up to ur speakers and record that using a sound recorder?

yes u could

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:( I gave it a shot but I just couldn't synch up the audio and video. It is because they are playing at two different speeds (I think the video lags). It is still a pretty cool movie but not perfect, and I stayed up all night trying to make it perfect but I give up.

CQB - could you go into a lot more detail of how you did it?

movie maker does and will record the sound to it

i started a whole other topic page on all my tips for my children in this new adventure we are embarking on

Sorry IF,what I meant was that I tried to make a movie,but it was so slow,I then giot hold of fraps,and this was the exact opposite,it was very quick,too quick,it looked like the clip was being fast forwarded!

argyll read my topic on the other page about capture 20 per 1 second and playback speed 7 fps in the screen recorder configuration

Edited by F'n New Guy

Ive tried to use this prog; played a short 10 min coop game by myself and saved the replay. I start the prog (capture 20 frames per sec/playback 5 frames)...ive noticed that during the capture, the FPS in the game dreamatically drop; used to have about 120 fsp and when i start the prog, fps drops under 10...which doesnt let u see it the way it shud, i though that the playback/captures frames will do the trick but nope, movie was a tad too fast but the FPS were well below the 25 limit :angry: ive adjusted the playback frames (lowered to 3), movie was running at correct speed but still very low FPS. (using "Cinepk codec by radius" as compression method). is it me or this prog really bites? :(

comp specs: AMD 1.7ghz, 512 pc3200 ram, radeon 9600 non pro.

am sure that its not a driver problem as i have ALL possible drivers updated...

Ive tried to use this prog; played a short 10 min coop game by myself and saved the replay. I start the prog (capture 20 frames per sec/playback 5 frames)...ive noticed that during the capture, the FPS in the game dreamatically drop; used to have about 120 fsp and when i start the prog, fps drops under 10...which doesnt let u see it the way it shud, i though that the playback/captures frames will do the trick but nope, movie was a tad too fast but the FPS were well below the 25 limit  :angry:  ive adjusted the playback frames (lowered to 3), movie was running at correct speed but still very low FPS. (using "Cinepk codec by radius" as compression method).  is it me or this prog really bites?  :(

comp specs: AMD 1.7ghz, 512 pc3200 ram, radeon 9600 non pro.

am sure that its not a driver problem as i have ALL possible drivers updated...

set your capture 20 per 1 second

playback speed of AVI 7 frames per second

remember to check your monitor settings aswell for a good picture

remember after u record the replay and drag it into the timeline

u have to add the sound clip to it too

remember the replay speed and sound speed are different speeds but yes u can cut and paste it together like i did and if i can do this everyone can im an idiot or maybe a genius :huh:

Edited by F'n New Guy

i read your post, i read all the posts, and i dunno why its happening to you cause i just made like 7 other movies with my configurations like that. what kind of pc do u have? tell me exactly what your doin cause it seems to me that u have the ambition to learn so

help me to help you

help me to help you

:lol: show me the moneeeeeeeeeeey :lol:

I'm also trying to make a movie, and so far it's going great. I've had no problems recording the replay, saving and checking it out in Movie Maker. At first I was confused, especially on how to get rid of individual frames you didn't want, but then I tried splitting and I could just delete specific parts. Works perfect!

I am worried about the sound aspect though, definitely not looking forward to starting on that. But thanks for sharing the knowledge and getting us pointed in the right direction! :rocky:

Hey Camel, instead of selecting 'High Quality' when you save, goto 'Other' and just select something higher. I noticed an incredible increase in quality. When I tried High Quality it was really blurry and hard to watch, but when I tried boosting it up it was almost the same after you record it in BSR.

I added some sound in and converted to WMV, it's only 2.9 megs which is incredible. I've still got to add all the in-game sounds though. I was thinking of just adding in SOME sounds, like the gunshots and occasional voice commands and leave everything else out. Would that work alright? I've got a music file and to be honest, adding in shuffling/movement sounds etc doesn't seem worth it. I've thought about recording the sound from the replay file as mentioned earlier and I might give it a shot soon. Still, I'm impressed with how simple this was to do. At first it seemed like a very hard task to complete, but if you stick with it, it's really not so bad.

Edited by Wicked

I'm also trying to make a movie, and so far it's going great. I've had no problems recording the replay, saving and checking it out in Movie Maker. At first I was confused, especially on how to get rid of individual frames you didn't want, but then I tried splitting and I could just delete specific parts. Works perfect!

I am worried about the sound aspect though, definitely not looking forward to starting on that. But thanks for sharing the knowledge and getting us pointed in the right direction! :rocky:

no problen bud, i like the fact that we can all do this together, i think the end result will impresss eveyone. and yes the sounds are the hardest thing to match up

Hey Camel, instead of selecting 'High Quality' when you save, goto 'Other' and just select something higher. I noticed an incredible increase in quality. When I tried High Quality it was really blurry and hard to watch, but when I tried boosting it up it was almost the same after you record it in BSR.

I added some sound in and converted to WMV, it's only 2.9 megs which is incredible. I've still got to add all the in-game sounds though. I was thinking of just adding in SOME sounds, like the gunshots and occasional voice commands and leave everything else out. Would that work alright? I've got a music file and to be honest, adding in shuffling/movement sounds etc doesn't seem worth it. I've thought about recording the sound from the replay file as mentioned earlier and I might give it a shot soon. Still, I'm impressed with how simple this was to do. At first it seemed like a very hard task to complete, but if you stick with it, it's really not so bad.

wicked no no no u dont add in all those things like bullets and shuffle sounds, u record the sound from the same replay u recorded earlier using movie maker or someother sound recorder. itll take u forever to add each random sound in

wicked my replays start at 800mb and then i just cut them down take out all the good parts and paste it all together and i usually come out with a 12mb maybe a 20mb file with everything in it. its cool besides im gonna start leaning more towards 5 minute movies with title screens intros and credits at the end with different music for each parts

That's sorta what I'm doing actually.

I've wanted to do something like this for a long time, but there has never been good support for anything like this. So now my past ideas are starting to come back and I'm inspired to create something really good.

I'd like to create a fast-action movie with good music first, and eventually perhaps some sort of 'story' where you see a movie play out. But really, that's just speculation, first I've got to start small and make sure everything works the way I want it to then go from there. :)

That's sorta what I'm doing actually.

I've wanted to do something like this for a long time, but there has never been good support for anything like this. So now my past ideas are starting to come back and I'm inspired to create something really good.

I'd like to create a fast-action movie with good music first, and eventually perhaps some sort of 'story' where you see a movie play out. But really, that's just speculation, first I've got to start small and make sure everything works the way I want it to then go from there. :)

:o HECK NOOOOOOOOOO :o

if u got ideas on that go for it :hehe: i am

:hehe: and we'll be the first ones out here to get it down first :hehe:

ill race ya ;)