Unrealistics kills & long shots.

G-Man

Dear All,

I just noticed a couple of things that appear to afftect the dynamics in GR.

I know that if my guys get shot in a leg they limp and move slower. No problem with that. But I just realized that if I shoot an enemy on a leg, an anckle, an arm or a hand, the guy most of the time drops dead! What's that all about?

Also, it appears that gravity has no effect on ballistics, particularly long shots. Perhaps it is that I am not very familizarized with all the weapon's specs in GR/DS/IT, but I would have imagined that if I took a long shot (i.e. as a sniper) the bullet would hit a bit lower to where I had initially aimed.

And while I'm on the subject, it appears that wind and shots through bushes have also no effect on the trajectory of the shots.

And bullets, they dotn't appear to ricochet either, or do they?

Are these observations correct or am I imagining things?

GR is the best combat sim. I have ever played so far. The above issues are not game-brakers, but GR would definitely benefit if these factors were taken into consideration and implemented in the game.

Do you now if these issues could be addressed in a Mod or something?

Just curious.

Thanks everybody!

G-Man.

lets see if i can't give you a few answers :

bullets trajectory : as a sniper, the gosts know how to calculate for the distance, and, therefore, you won't miss your target ( well, what you are aiming at atleast)

richosets : can't be done, would kill your cpu to calculate them all...

as for trhough bushes : well, depends on were onthe bush you shoot.... just trough the leaves, doesn't hurt it :)

As far as ricochets, I have been in a stairwell aiming down at the bottom of the stairs and only been about five feet from the bottom where the door is as well. The baddy walks through and I (on single shot select) shoot him one time right in the head, HOWEVER this leaves a bullet hole in the wall beside him. Kinda like it went into the subject and exit another angle, like real life.

As far as pure ricoches, like going into a cement block room and having a firefight, yeah, you would have to have a 10 GHz computer to do all that :)

Also, it appears that gravity has no effect on ballistics, particularly long shots. Perhaps it is that I am not very familizarized with all the weapon's specs in GR/DS/IT, but I would have imagined that if I took a long shot (i.e. as a sniper) the bullet would hit a bit lower to where I had initially aimed.

And while I'm on the subject, it appears that wind and shots through bushes have also no effect on the trajectory of the shots.

And bullets, they dotn't appear to ricochet either, or do they?

Guess if you wont a "game" to do it all your going to be waiting a long time....you could just join the Army. ;)

OK guys, I hear you. Ricochetting and gravity effects on long shots could be out of the question mainly due to PC power constrains. <_<

But what about getting killed immediately for a wound in the anckle, leg or arm? I think this is not computer-power constrained, at least not a huge strectch, IMHO that is.

As always, your thoughts/comments are appreciated. :)

Thanks everybody!

G-Man.

Yeah, sometimes I've been fortunate that a shot to the hand would eliminate the threat. However, I would like to see it sorta as in Medal of Honor. If I were to shoot him in the leg, it would bring him to the ground, losing his weapon and rendering him helpless, if I were not to shoot him, he would make a desperate attempt to grab a gun and kill me. If I were to shoot him in the arm, he would lose his weapon, giving me a chance to kill him. I have to agree though, that one shot to the hand should not prove fatal to a baddie, when a shot to a gut doesn't always do the job.

I had no idea you could do that in Medal of Honor. It would make sense to have your weapon knocked out of your hand!

That sounds sweet, I will have to get that game now! You have started something, you should be ashamed! :wacko:

surely the ghosts who are highly trained specials have the intelligence and skill to adjust their sights to account for wind, gravity etc, if I can do it with a ###### rifle! and if its not standard practice in the US army, god help everyone going to the gulf!

however i am with you on the hand shots, that is kinda screwed up.

Kurtz, I heard about that realistic mode. Thanks for mentioning it. I think I'll give it a shot and see how things play out in the game.

English4life, I hear you. I can only hope this and other issues are addressed in a future patch, hopefully the next one. Who knows.

Thanks y'all.

G-Man.

lets see if i can't give you a few answers :

bullets trajectory : as a sniper, the gosts know how to calculate for the distance, and, therefore, you won't miss your target ( well, what you are aiming at atleast)

richosets : can't be done, would kill your cpu to calculate them all...

as for trhough bushes : well, depends on were onthe bush you shoot.... just trough the leaves, doesn't hurt it :)

When AI is controling a character the statment " as a sniper, the gosts know how to calculate for the distance, and, therefore, you won't miss your target ( well, what you are aiming at atleast'' applies but when you are controling the character it dose not because you are not a Ghost you are just controling him/her and ofchourse don`t earn the skills so you have to develope the skill of using that weapon.

you're still a ghost,  aren't you?    :P

though, i do see your point, i still think my statement is good anough :)    :sheep:

Well let me explain in detail:

YOU are Noraf aka YOUR REAL NAME you play this game called Ghost Recon in this game you play in the skin of a charachter let`s say Guram Osadze you don`t have his skills in "Weapons" .

If it were a contest between you and the AI controled charachter the AI would win .

If a sniper controlled by AI like Stone would know how to compensate and do it faster than you he would make a kill in let`s say 5-8 seconds when you would take his place you would amke that kill in 8-12 seconds if Ghost Recon had been implemetaded the wind,bullet drop and so on effects.

No offence this post is just for explaining what i mean.

Edited by Alfa FSB

Well, yesterday while playin on a quick mission I ran into another unrealistic situation.

I was on a valley, saw a foe, zoomed in with my sniper rifle, and shot him in the head.

Then I proceeded to get closer to the cliff to see him gone, but instead the guy was standing up and shot me!

That was extremely upseting!!!! :angry:

First time ever happened to me. Have you ever seen this?

It's clear that one shot one kill is not always followed by the engine. Grrrrr....

Oh welll.... live and learn. I won't ever do that mistake again.

I thought you would be interested in knowing about this.

G-Man.

To me hapened a very REALISTIC thing.

In mission 14 i was in the shadow of a tree scaning with my binocular and the leader of a russian patrool walks up in front of me about 20m he stops and stares at me in this time i don`t make a move (i was a rifleman) and afther about 10 seconds i decided to swith to the M16 and as soon as i done that he opend up full auto and killed me NOW THAT`S WHAT I CALL "Artificial INTELIGENCE".

he stops and stares at me in this time i don`t make a move (i was a rifleman) and afther about 10 seconds i decided to swith to the M16 and as soon as i done that he opend up full auto and killed me

COOL ;)