the navy SEALs

Alright here goes...

The movie is just trying to be realistic. SEALs always almost die because they're so hardcore that they can do those types of dangerous missions. I once heard of a SEAL that kicked a ninja's ass so hard he couldn't do yoga for like 5 years!!! I'll try and find a link to back up this story, I'll get back to you. I heard that SEALs have special blood infused into them so they can hold their breath long underwater, its called blood doping or blood loading. They first give blood and then doctors extract the red blood cells so they can be infused back into the SEAL's body right before the mission. Sometimes they even mix it with reptillian blood so if the SEAL gets his arm blown off it will eventually grow back. This is why SEALs can almost get killed so often.

The movie is just trying to be realistic. SEALs always almost die because they're so hardcore that they can do those types of dangerous missions. I once heard of a SEAL that kicked a ninja's ass so hard he couldn't do yoga for like 5 years!!! I'll try and find a link to back up this story, I'll get back to you. I heard that SEALs have special blood infused into them so they can hold their breath long underwater, its called blood doping or blood loading. They first give blood and then doctors extract the red blood cells so they can be infused back into the SEAL's body right before the mission. Sometimes they even mix it with reptillian blood so if the SEAL gets his arm blown off it will eventually grow back. This is why SEALs can almost get killed so often.

ooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i see lol

It's not humorus, it's rather childish. You are speaking of a movie, you should never relate it to real life. even if its "based" on actual events. IT'S A MOVIE!!!!!!

I heard that SEALs have special blood infused into them so they can hold their breath long underwater, its called blood doping or blood loading.
IIRC, there is a part of BUD/s specifically for this, mroe than one actually. The 50 meter underwater swim, and drown proofing. Drown proofing is basically hell. You are tied up, and told to do a number of rigiroous activities. You can see about it in the link i gave under the other thread about SEALs Ghost posted.

Tears of the Sun bears out the first answer to this question. SpecOps do some of the most dangerous work and I'd imagine many die in "training accidents" that are actually covert ops somewhere that governments won't admit to. In WWII the SAS actually had a very high casualty rate - not because they were saps, but because they were behind enemy lines, outnumbered and doing dangerous stuff like in Tears. Makes sense to me. But despite their high casualty rate, they seem to get the job done, except in The Rock.

The way that SEaL team approached The Rock was a joke, and I dont think that ever would have gone down like it did. I think they would have come in from the water, not in a chopper. At least I would have. There were alot of things wrong with the way that team handled the rock. I sure as hell wouldnt have trapped myself in the center of the rock without clearing my way in around the perimeter first.

I think The Rock was a good movie, but analyzing the tactical side, it left alot to be desired.

They did appraoch by water, in the end. in my opinion, a sub cold have taken them in, and could have had somekind of helo support, or boats, with snipers on em. that way, when ###### hit the fan, the helos could unload fury. ur right, was total bs the way it was done. IIRC, SEALs arent to be used witihn the U.S. borders? that was a hostage situation, to be delt with by the ATF, FBI, or DEA, right? pehaps that one team that deals with biological weps, cant remember the name....?

• 4 weeks later...

In a real-world situation, the SEALS would have survived the Shower Room situation. There is no sound military doctrine that does not include a diversionary tactic.

Seconds before the SEALS would enter the Shower Room, a pair of helicopters would most likely cause some if not all of the Marines to one area. The SEALS would then send a point element to recon, then when there was no movement, they would split into two teams with each team covering one side of the room.

You can see this when they enter the boiler room. When they enter first, they set a perimeter, check the area is clear, then move forward. Remember the point of the story was to get the SEALS out of the way of the story, NOT to be REALISTIC :thumbsup:

Yeah Argyll and Ultimate Force, you're right. I think on the DVD special features they speak with one of the SEALs who helped with it and he said that they would have done it much differently and wouldn't have trapped themselves in there. But obviously, the story wouldn't have been very interesting to the general public if the SEALs just took the place down and ended the movie lol.

Edited by Bounty_Hunter