Ghost Recon

Cuchillo*

One would say that he didn't like it. Especiall after saying this:

Overall, Ghost Recon on the GameCube is an inferior port of an already long-in-the-tooth game. The lack of online play, visual shoddiness, ######-poor AI, and frustrating control scheme destroys any hope that this game might have had. But the sad truth is that GameCube owners don’t have a lot of options when it comes to strategic FPS titles, making Ghost Recon strangely attractive to those who have already made their way through Splinter Cell and are hankering for some more Tom Clancy styled action. For those people I recommend an overnight rental. That should be more than a sufficient amount of time to realize just how mediocre this game really is.

Score: 4.3/10

This guy obviously never played this game!! Fair enough he is going on about the GameCube version. But to call it a "long-in-the-tooth game is a bit much. GR is still selling very well. Just a pity that UBI can't be bothered to do a bit more with this game that we all love!! :(

Edited by Cobblers

Notice he said Gamecube, not PC. I rented Ghost Recon for GC after I had been plaing it for a year on PC. The GC version sucks, it is that simple. It was ported to the X-Box and then ported again to the GC and PS2. UBI just threw it at the Gamecube to milk all the $ they could (as most companies do).

In what way is it that different from the PC version (except for mulitiplay, modding)? The campaigns and the objectives are same right?

Since my roommate has taken the PS2 out of the house, im thinking to buy a new one, at least for my Gran Tourimo thing. Maybe GR.. But still wondering why its such a no no.

Regards, BR_76

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I love the GC GR. me and my friend love playing co-op! It may not be the most spiffy GR out there, but it keeps me entertained. this person doesn't know how to play the game! the stuff about the scope is not true. you can pull your scope back in. If you like the GC version or thinking about buying it, read this:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/gamecube/r...iew/R50950.html

• 3 weeks later...