I knew from the start I was already dead!

ScornDrake

In the Harshness of the winter storm, an icescape of death and carnage. I had arisen from the explosions that thrown a fellow team mate into me, knocking me down. Our initial insertion was compromised and my team was all but wiped out in a hail of gunfire and explosions from claymores and hand grenades going off.

Dazed but not injured, this was not a story of a would be Rambo, this was my story of why I had to secede this mission this goal. I am a retainer of the man that stands behind me and of this uniform I wear. As of another time and another place he would have been a lord and I his loyal samurai, his retainer. The code of that time I take into this time were the lack of honor, the lack of courage, and the lack of commitment to one self as well as to friends, family in the real world and of here in the cyber world. To you this is just a game nothing more. Like you and other before you a game is just a game. To me this is just another way of life. Like in the service with real weapons that use miles gear to simulate real war, those men and women often think it’s a game and nothing more, the same as you all view this to be. This is the future of warfare this is the future of technology. All that has forgotten the key points of human life. A sense of who we are and were we fit in. My place is of the real with loyalties to my family as well as to my mates I leave behind that are dead or still in the service. But enough of this idle chitchat,

Back to were you want to be of the cyber world of warfare.

My soul purpose is that of loyalty and nothing more. Personal gains in this artificial combat are of no concern, only that I serve my lord, my friend as his retainer. The lord I serve and speaking of is that of General Ghostdog, the SeaWolves SWSOC commander.

I wont bore you with all the definitions to the abbreviations of the SeaWolves. That is for you to find out at their home site.

Here we go now. I think Ghostdog feels that he is covering my six; honestly I don’t need him to try. Like the samurai of the past, I am to head into the midst of death and hit my mark at the cost of my life. There is no secret, no tricks, and no round about ways of this.

My art is of immediacy and precision. (I know I am loosing you right now!)

Here is the action. I am in the middle of a snow map of Frostbite and all but me and my master are still alive cause of a barrage of incoming grenades and clays being set off. I had seen my attackers that killed most of my team. To me I am already considered dead to them they thought I was going to run for cover. They were dead wrong. Instead of using my rifle H&K G36C that was in hand, I switched to my Glock instead and ran at them head on. Dazed and confusion must have taken a hold of them of the site of a lone soldier dashing at them that some of them started to run another stood in stupor and a couple started to open fire. There was no amazement from me in my actions only that when I fired my Glock, my aim was true and my rounds hit home to the targets I was firing at. First target I hit him in the chest with a double tap, and hit his buddy that was turning to flee with another double tap to the back left shoulder, both dropped as I ran over their dig in spot. Still in a run, I fired again this time to my right side bind some cover nailing the next of my targets two times, one in the left side of his chest the other to the brain pan. Death came to him quickly. He was a better shot, before he dropped dead, he manage to get off several rounds. One round hit me in the left shoulder the other left side to back with his Desert Eagle. This had me spin but I was still in a run. I mange to right myself and continue my dash to my last targets. Ghostdog was following at a safe distance to cover my six. He was wounded in the initial seconds of the firefight that is what had slowed him down. I had reacquired my main target and was heading towards him when his buddy from behind his own place of cover dashed out and started spraying rounds at my direction with his H&K UMP 45. I took several rounds more several in my right leg and to my stomach and in the process of being knocked about by the hail of gunfire was hit in my left arm. I managed to fire of several rounds nailing him cold to the point of death for him. I was alive but in bad shape. Ghostdog on the mic screaming he is on his way to help me and hold on. But I knew he would be to late to be of help to me. I had only one round left in my Glock. I didn’t realize this till after it was over. The last man target was cornered and he turned to see me enter the building he ran into dragging my wounded leg, and bullet-ridden body coved in my own blood and the Glock now taking aim to him. He raised his H&K MP5 in a last ditch effort to stay alive, and squeezed off his weapon at me. I being hit pulled the trigger to my Glock after getting the quick aim to his head and my only and last round to that clip hit true to the mark center of his forehead and the next squeeze of the trigger my Glock went…. “Click”, empty! And I dropped to the ground dead! Ghostdog was moments behind my last seconds of life in a do or die fight with my enemy and he had seen my shot as well as my target shooting me.

I was killed but I did my job to the end for I was his retainer sworn to protect my master, my lord, and my best friend to the end. For I knew from the start I was already dead!

This is the way of the Samurai, found in death!

Edited by ScornDrake