HU Mission 26 "Torn Banner" - tank column will not initiate

This is the last mission in the desert siege campaign where you have to secure a river crossing and destroy a tank column along with a SAM site. No matter what I do, the tank column, which is off the map to start, will not move along the road to the bridge. The jeep which leads it moves, but the tanks stay put. They're off the playable map but can be seen. Anti-tank weapons won't reach them. I've tried completing the objectives in different orders but nothing I do seems to trigger the tanks to move onto the map so I can destroy them.

Anybody ever seen this before? I have no idea what to do other than to skip the mission...

I have not experienced that but I haven't played that mission in a while either.
There is a line of code in the options.xml where "show framer ate" can be toggled on or off,         <ShowFrameRate>FALSE</ShowFrameRate>
We all have much better computers than existed in 2001 and I'd guess my frame rate easily averages 250-300 and I have seen spikes of 600.
Well it has a con for me and that is vehicles in GR with a path will move at a snails pace on occasion. Instead of meters per second it is mm per second.

There is a free program called MSI Afterburner and one of the features is frame rate can be capped in a game. If I have a tank doing a crawl I can turn MSI After burner on to a preset that caps GR at 60 fps(my arbitrary number). Then the tank will move at the speed set for it in Igor. I have done this countless time so it is not a one off. If I remember I will start MSI Afterburner when I start GR but I can forget.

MSI Afterburner has two components but the second one is where frame rate can be capped and it is called Riva Tuner Statistics Server. The first components deals with CPU and GPU configuration, temps, voltages etc.

May or may not be related to your issue but I always wondered if other people had the same issue in GR with high frame rates.

Yeah the problem isn't that the tanks moved slowly - they never move at all. I can wait twenty minutes and they remain off the map. I finally just opened up Igor and moved them onto the playable map so I can interact with them when the mission starts. Yet they still remain stationary, so I just blew them up and ended the mission so I could move on.

Weird.

• Like 1

Maybe the .mis file is corrupt?
Here is a copy of mine which I changed the name of by adding V2 to the end of it.
For testing, in recruit mode you are invincible and have the run console command on.
The tanks path was triggered for me.

Google Drive link:   https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uWi5Oj-BqDJlrbc1Wi_-jk1Xd74ahv0F/view?usp=sharing

Actually your first suggestion is what works. When I locked the fps at 60 everything worked normally on that map. Not sure why the unlocked fps prevented the tanks from moving at all, though. Kinda weird.

Thanks for the tip!

• Like 1

There is a setting in MSI After Burner that turns it on when the computer starts. For no reason in particular I don't have it set that way.
For GR, I am trying it at 90fps and it seems vehicles are OK with it.

There is a theory about MSI After Burner that it makes the game 'Division 2' CTD so I leave it off in that case. Not sure that it is true or not as TD2 is bad to crash even with it off.

The only effect for me is with vehicles that have a path.  They move so slowly it is difficult to tell they are moving.

I'm not sure if it does it every time but it has on numerous occasions.