How (if possible) to change font size in box messages ?

Well, basically it was just a change, if you opened the file, look at the bottom of the last line, there are 4 entries default and large, the first one I filtered out and changed to large

Edited by Eisenhauer
  • Like 1

Thanks ,RussiaGhost, for the improved path ...it's better than ever and the Bradley don't  get stuck ! But, in my case , the RPG soldier blow the tank without problem , if you don't shoot him before . I continue to work on this map because i want to add an another RPG to defend Russian Camp and i find that the Bradley's are a little late to help your attack on the objectives . Perhaps , i try also an another way like i do on a Zapad81 mission with same map (rs16) where the two tanks start on the road south and split at the "south pass" objectives ...

Thanks also , Eisenhauer, for the new font .res . It work perfectly in the menus and game ! but, on my GR , some text are too large for some main menus , so i think that we can try a" medium font.res" ??? do you make the change in an text editor ? As you said ,  i have , at the first try , odd caracters in menus (not in game) but i use the HU new_font_revised.rsb , so ,i return to the original one ,and , tadahhhh  ! 

Thanks again , again a new possibility of customisation of GR ,not documented yet ...

And thanks ,Wombat, to try my own M14 mission ...It's possible to make an alternate road for the North Bradley , but better , i think ,like i said to RussiaGhost , to plan that the two tanks start at the same place ,split, and after , in place of a long run to the camp ,wait at a place a little ahead ...need to add one more path each (4 for north and 3 for south). It"s can be interresting , in case of RPG risk to recon , before assault, with the tanks in safe place.

I don't succeed to add more than 4 objectives ( it's seems not possible) but only to have 2 objectives (conditions to) in one. In example ,the Centcom=rmx03= Dingo's Lair have that "kill aa + rescue pilot" !

I agree that the Bradley's going to the camp (safe !) will be challenging .

I think it is correct you can have only four objectives but as you suggest combining two into one objective probably will work.
I had not played the mission in a long time. It is good but can be even better with some additional editing.

I tried RussiaGhost's edit and the enemy RPG man always tried to shoot the N. Bradley at the house.
It was difficult to kill the RPG man before he took out the N Bradley.

Edited by wombat50

On 13/09/2021 at 01:27, wombat50 said:

I think it is correct you can have only four objectives but as you suggest combining two into one objective probably will work.

I tried five Objectives, and GR stopped working when launching the mission.  Went back to four Objectives and created another Objective [under Tags, the only way I can see to create extra objectives, noting you cannot add descriptive text there], then wrote the script to remove one of the original four [thinking a limitation maybe only having a maximum of  four 'live' objectives], and replace with the extra 'Tag created' Objective.  As soon as the script called that extra Objective, GR stopped working.

Combining multiple requirements to satisfy one Objective is straightforward to code (can assist if there is a need); which means you could get quite creative (say, like having to achieve those requirements in a given order).

• Like 2

Here we go again ,i post today my defenitive (!) version of M14 mission: 

- i keep RussiaGhost path at the house , but do more Bradley paths and triggers .

- I replace the AT4 of AT soldiers by RPG7 (more normal for russians)

- i add two more AT ,one for South Pass and one for North , in fact , i recover the two soldiers who do nothing with "sneak action" , they are a little difficult to take off ,so,after the two pass taken ,proceed cautiously to the camp (final assault).

- As the US soldiers who follow Bradley's do nothing if they are destroyed , add two path ( after the last two AT i add) to continue to the camp (final assault) , i don't know if it's a good idea ...

- Add name of Russiaghost in briefing for help to the path !

For me only :

- 2 x 5 US soldiers , in place of 3 

- Delete in scrips the MG hiding value for veterans , keep that only for easy...

- Add a tank in Russian Camp , more challenging ( and realist !) , add in briefing the need of AT.

I try to see why the AT ,some times, blow themself, but it's happen when they abandon the original point where they are intended to shoot tanks , move and try but they are not in correct place . In example , the one above south pass and the one above hill house try to go down to the pass or to the house ...It's seems that the AI detect you or a danger in vicinity and force  soldier to find and other way ! Strange , because their behaviour ( step properties) are all on "lock" and not on "set" ...i test the mission in cheat mod "shadow" and as you are not detectable , the AT do the job ! a further explanation ???

Thanks for  reading this and testing !m14_mountain_p_V2.mis

• Like 1

On 12/09/2021 at 17:57, wombat50 said:

I had not played the mission in a long time. It is good but can be even better with some additional editing.

I tried RussiaGhost's edit and the enemy RPG man always tried to shoot the N. Bradley at the house.
It was difficult to kill the RPG man before he took out the N Bradley.

For me the better , it's to take the hill before to send the bradley to the house , shoot the 3 soldiers above and wait for the rpg who arrive as the tank is on the house...for south , climb above south pass , you arrive with the soldier and a rpg , easy to take off , after you have time for the sniper . i join my own replay but i don't know if it's working with an other configuration ?

willow bow_p.rpf

• Like 1

I tried m14_mountain_p_V2.mis. It plays fine until shortly after taking the Hilltop and the North and South Path. The Bradleys and I are not close to the Russian Camp but a pop-up says "Neutralize Russian Camp" objective is complete and the mission ends.

I'll try it again later to see if that is the same result.

Heuhhh, i don't see that for now , today , i improve the path of the allied soldier and play it several times but i have not this result ...thanks to try again 😉

I try myself to reproduce the issue but, no way for now ...if you have won the mission ,perhaps it's one of the tank (or us soldiers) who survive the AT and lead the final assault alone ? I verify the script and you need really to kill the camp soldiers to achieve the mission...If you have the "replay" of the mission , can you join it here to see what 's happen ??? 

I go also to make an another post for the problem of the paths of the vehicles ,when you don't wait they have finished their way and then, go for the following step . As i try the mission an other way , it's happen ,i go faster than Bradley and it cross (!) mountain to rejoin the following waypoint , very disturbing .But it's happen in other missions with vehicle, not only this one ...I don't know how to prevent this , an idea ??? Perhaps , the triggers who rules them must to be not dependant of the player and only to the scripted AI ???

Fine week-end for all .

Edited by Acehole
Reflexion on the problem submitted by Wombat50
  • Like 1

I tried this a couple of times yesterday. It plays to completion for me. I have not made it to the end with both Bradleys intact. The enemy RPG soldiers knock out the Bradleys in spite of my best efforts. :thumbs up:

Thanks for try again ! yes , it's difficult to have both Bradley's intact , but if you take "top of the hill" before the Bradley arrive to house (same time than rpg) you can shoot them first . I join the new replay (i deleted the first), hope it's work but it's  also possible to make a video capture in place ? if you can read it , you see than i leave Bradley be destructed to verify if the US soldiers follow the new plan , instead of remain on place and it work !

Happy that you enjoy the mission, i plan ,as i said later,to search other triggers to avoid that the Tanks (or vehicle in general) make erratics paths if you are not at good triggering zone.

willow bow_p_v3.rpf

Yes, the mission is a good challenge which I like.

I tried the replay but it CTD.
The ike.log says: RSFILEDATA: FindFile could not find file m14_mountain_p_v3 (end).mis
I don't have that mission file only the m14_mountain_p_v3.mis.
If you can attach the needed .mis file I would watch it but it is OK if that is not possible.

Thanks.

Edited by wombat50

Thanks for uploading m14_mountain_p_v3 (end).mis.
Unfortunately it will not make the replay work for me. I looked at the mission file and I don't think you have added actors, kits, vehicles or sounds that are not in the original game. The ike.log no longer says the mission is missing but it does not show any errors.
Maybe it does matter that I have the exact mods that you have? But that would be too much trouble to do.
Thanks for improving the mission!

Did you try Eisenhauer's font.res? It does make the font a little larger in the pop-up boxes for me. Other font in the menus and briefings are larger too. The only thing that is an issue is picking weapon kits where sometimes the number of the kit will not appear because of the size of the font. But that is the only issue I see.

Edited by wombat50

Sorry for that, My changes > actors from "Serpantine Dream Theory", Heroes are "originals" ,Guns are mostly from different mods (no original guns) but reworked on the RSB file ,sound , gun file, personals reticles or modified from differents sources ...Hud and interface is personal work from  "Decenium" etc...Perhaps , too much changes for a replay on a standard G.R. i try myself (my own GR is a mod ) to use it on my clean install of GR and see what is on ...

• Like 1