What do you not want in GR2?

The_Slink

There are going to be mixed opinions on every feature. Why ask the question if you don't want to hear the answer?

Things I don't want to see in addition to the feature Slink mentioned:

* A bunch of stuff that takes up hard drive space but does nothing for gameplay - ie a ton of cinemas or cut scenes that I'll be skipping every time after viewing them once or twice

* JUMPING!

* An engine that feels like the one in RVS - please just fine tune the GR engine or create a new one that adheres to the same basic feel

RS

Things I dont want to see:

Enemy shooting through and around rocks

A bunch of useless cut scenes

FPWV

Not like RVS

Hills and stuff that I cant use to climb, hide, or anything else.

A bunch of weapons that wouldnt be accessible by real world military.

I would like to see them rework the GR Engine and add to it

And more realistic Enemy numbers on some of the ops

Edited by phantom110565

Things I dont want to see:

Enemy shooting through and around rocks

A bunch of useless cut scenes

FPWV

Not like RVS

Hills and stuff that I cant use to climb, hide, or anything else.

A bunch of weapons that wouldnt be accessible by real world military.

I would like to see them rework the GR Engine and add to it

And more realistic Enemy numbers on some of the ops

Just like RS and Phantom say:

The ability to drive vechiles.... IMO I think that would take away from the overall feel of the game. I don't want to work to sneak up on people then have a teammate come flying along in a Humvee and ruin my ambush. Or me getting run over by someone driving a truck.... it would be kinda funny but.... it would get old fast.

Firstly, don't flame me.

Right. First person views. Here we go again.

I don't see the problem with FPWV's. You all say that you don't see your weapon as you walk along in real life. It depends how you hold your weapon. Some people hold it resyting on their shoulder, in which case you would see it. Some carry it down at the hip which you might just be able to see it. You would see your weapon when aiming....

Now, ask yourself what is more realistic: aiming with the iron sights (so you see your weapon) or aiming with just a crosshair on the screen (like in GR)?

For realism, it would be aiming with the iron sites. The only to do that in a game however, is to have a FPWV.

The only game that incoporates the iron sites for aiming as far as i know is VIETCONG. Maybe they should use the VIETCONG engine for GR2....

And as for dissing Raven Shield FPV (which some of you have done in a recent thread)....

As you say, you wouldn't see your weapon as you are moving along (unless aiming). In RvS, if you look at the other guys in your team, they are permanently aiming their weapons (unless they are opening doors etc). If you are permanently aiming your weapon, you would see it.

As for the bugs/cheating mention in the U2 engine, the VIETCONG engine don't have that. The new patch(es) they have released sorts it out. Auto kicks people trying to cheat, MP code is really good etc. Maybe they should use the Half-Life 2 engine. I'm sure that wouldn't have any bugs....

Anyways, Splinter Cell uses the U2 engine but no-one complains about that....

What I don't want in GR2 is people complaining about having(/not having) a FPWV.

As I said: no flaming.

Take a visit to the SC forums at Ubi, specifically the Tech Support forums. Though I haven't been there in quite some time, I am sure that the number of complaints (most due to lack of a decent system) from people that haven't been able to get the game to run hasn't dropped much.

Add a knife,being able to choose the stuff u want in ur kit,but only the certain guns can get the nade launcher,also better stealth,i wanna be able to sneak up on someone and cut there throat.

Getting back to the point - things we DON'T want to see.

A general point, but i don't want to see changes for the sake of changes.

I think we all agree that GR is a fantastic game, and we all have ideas about tweaks to make it better.

What i wouldn't want to see is a total overhaul. Games like GR should evolve (as it has done thanks to you modders) rather than change direction entirely.

It really ain't broke IMO - so why fix it.

I think we all agree that GR is a fantastic game, and we all have ideas about tweaks to make it better.

What i wouldn't want to see is a total overhaul. Games like GR should evolve (as it has done thanks to you modders) rather than change direction entirely.

Emmm just too say! if they dont do a over haul its just a expansion and not a new game that they want too make GR2! I myself love the game right where it is but it does need a new engin but stay the same game play as now thought! I myself hopen for the Crytek engin!!!!

But anyhow want i dont want too see in GR2 is the RvS engin! Other than that its fine where it is!

• 4 weeks later...

Why not? If all the enemy forces in the area heve been eliminated, why should I have to run around planting demo charges or get to the extraction zone? No one is there to stop you from completing the objectives.

Edited by Ryan243

Why not? If all the enemy forces in the area heve been eliminated, why should I have to run around planting demo charges or get to the extraction zone? No one is there to stop you from completing the objectives.

Because you can fail the X objective (like mission 2) if you kill all the baddies before planting the charge. ;)

I did that my first time through the mission, lol.

Things I don't want to see...

- drivable vehicles

- the same kit selection

- an unchangable FPWV (meaning there's not an option to turn it off)

- jumping

- enemy AI sharpshooters (hitting you from "the fog" on their third shot)

Firstly I don't wanna see the same dumb friendlies on my team. get me decent AI. I second, third or fourth the motion against ubermarksman enemies. I don't want to see the same old engine unless they've really made a decent, interactive environment out of it. And that sky that looks like the painted inside of a cardborad box has been around since R6.

Now for the big one: No restrictions.

I don't want a game telling me I can't jump over a log, hold my breath underwater for a moment or take a car for a joyride.

I don't want to be unable to complete a mission because I can't pick up my fallen buddy's AT4 or charges.

I don't want to be forced to guard three mighty M1 tanks when they should be able to take care of themselves while I handle other objectives, or to babysit a convoy of relief trucks with my small squad when the 3rd Infantry should be doing it.

I don't want an M4 but no GL or scope. I don't want to be forced to sit through kit selection when the game should auto select when I prefer to let it.

I may or may not use some of these options, but I want them to be there.

I don't want to not be able to lean and move at the same time.

I'm not a big fan of RS myself, it's good, but I've stuck with GR still, imo it is a better game. But one option in RS I do like is being able to lean at the same times as moving. Many times in GR you want to look around a corner, but a lot of times I get shot by the opposition cause they can see my body lining itself up to lean around the corner.

Also it is annoying that whilst lying done on the floor you can lean further across than what you can when you are standing/kneeling. This is something else that needs improvement also.

Foot Prints!!! In things like snow/sand Then maybe you can figure out the enemy patrols by looking at the routes patrols take, And be able to use claymores more efficently :D, And would make recon missings more exciteing. :D

I,d also like to see camo selection like in rouge spear (Example) Probs sounds silly, But i play far more better knowing my guy looks so cool all in black with assault goggles on ;):ph34r::o=

Oops, I think this was supposed to be in 'What you want to see in GR2'

Its old age i tell you :P

Edited by CMC Davies 61

I dont want to see RvS crap graphicengine. Its ######, ugly and heavy. R6, RS and GR have all had decent/good engines and they were all made by RSE.

I dont want to see just two guns played in the game. I want all the guns balanced and playable. I just hate it when everyone uses SA80 and OICW. Its true that those guns are somewhat superior to others. But it dont take forever to aim with M16/AK74 or simple guns like that as they only weight like 3 kg... like many other guns including SA80.