Ghost Recon.net Forums

Hello. Who knows how to create plugins for 3ds max? It is necessary to remake the project of the rsb plugin for the new 2021 max. I have an old Microsoft Visual Studio plugin for the 2016 version, I need to compile the code for the 2021 version using the new studio. Who can do this? I'll post the project.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello. Soon I will post here a new plugin for reading rsb files for 2021 3ds max. The plugin will be created by 3ds max developers upon my request to TP. Maybe someone will come in handy here, too.

Edited by RussiaGhost
  • Like 2
  • Tier 1 Post 1
  • 2 months later...

Hi people! After some torment and problems with creating plugins for 3ds max, today I put together a new version of the plugin for 2022 3ds max. With the help of the Autodesk developers, a new plug-in project for the 2021 version was received, but there were problems first with displaying the image (it was displayed upside down), and then with reading pixels, now this is also fixed. I myself have built a new plugin for the 2022 version based on that plugin project. The plugin only works on version 2022. It seems to read all the textures for the GR.

test1.png

rsb22.zip

• Tier 1 Post 1
  • 3 weeks later...

For blender 2.92, I only managed to prescribe the choice of RSB formats for the material. I don't know how to actually read the format. It is necessary to disassemble the c ++ coding principles of reading the format of the same bmp and the code that Alexander posted on the github.

The only thing this is possible will be an alternative option for reselecting the texture in 5 3ds max when exporting to the game.

111.png