Medals and Ribbons Modding?

KaiserVlad

I've been curious about this for a long time and I thought I'd ask you guys who are much more proficient at modding than me. Does anyone know how the soldier medals work in the game? Is there any way one could mod the conditions for achievement or even edit the tab in the soldier section. How does the game calculate which soldiers get medals at the end of a mission? Is there a way to give medals through altering a campaign save file?

Hopefully its not hard coded, even so, is there a way to mess with that code? Like I said, I am not a code guy, so please go easy on me.

7 hours ago, KaiserVlad said:

Does anyone know how the soldier medals work in the game?

Yes, well it's simple matter of scripting using Igor.exe (GR editor), one of responses which can be used at end of mission is arAwardDecoration (Actor,Platoon,Team) then you chose proper medal..

Is there any way one could mod the conditions for achievement or even edit the tab in the soldier section.

yes, condition can be scripted..for example ..all objective successful, no wounded or lost soldiers > Purple Heart ...or just player survived the mission (Medal of Honor)

How does the game calculate which soldiers get medals at the end of a mission?

it does not, this is matter of scriptwriter of the mission

Is there a way to give medals through altering a campaign save file?

why would you?

3 hours ago, die7 said:

yes, condition can be scripted..for example ..all objective successful, no wounded or lost soldiers > Purple Heart ...or just player survived the mission (Medal of Honor)

Ok excellent, thank you. Thats awesome to hear. Tweaking the conditions a bit could make for a good mini mod, and I'll check that out in a bit. Though how does the game save the medals and then display them in the squad selection screen? I'm curious to know how the game ends up displaying them too.

I wonder if there was a way to create new ribbons or medals and code around to fit them in that box. Perhaps working in conjunction with HU, we could toss in extra ribbons to go along with the extended campaign. 

3 hours ago, die7 said:

why would you?

Purely for testing the oak leaf clusters really, and to test if my mod idea would work, and to see how they are saved to individual soldiers. I wonder if clusters could be added to the combat infantryman badge too, as a way to show how many missions they have gone on. 

But yeah, I really like medals and saved performance stats in these kind of games. It really adds some individual pizzazz to your guys and gives a sense of achievement, as medals were implemented to do funny enough. Thanks for your help die7!

image001.jpg

• 3 months later...

A star is added to a cib to symbolize participating in a second war. No oak clusters. Army commendation medal orders list how many missions you have participated in. 

Also there is a V device that was never in the game.

Edited by pz3
  • Like 1