Ghost Recon.net Forums

High Definition Sound Mod

Hi all!

I'm releasing a standalone sound mod for Ghost Recon. The Xbox releases of the games used much higher quality sounds than the PC version did, and I'm not sure why. The console had more space constraints than the PC. Either way, most of the sounds remain identical, only their bitrate has changed from 22500 to 44100, resulting in a much clearer sound. Voices see the biggest benefit, your team will sound much better, and the Ethiopian enemy soldiers sound like actual people now!!! The quality of their voices has always bothered me, but it has now been dramatically improved. Some sounds have not been changed, and that is due to the fact that some of them didn't have a higher quality version available, or the difference was negligible or adverse to the current audio quality. I am releasing this on its own and on a separate thread, so those who don't want to use or play with the Xbox Conversion active all the time now have access to just improved sounds as well as giving it its own publicity. I hope you enjoy the better quality sounds for the game, this game has been around for a long time and this is a good way to breathe a little bit of life back into your experience.

HD Sounds Mod Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jw1uCFYosTuod307nW3S5NN5ii72Zl5P/view?usp=sharing

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...