Ghost Recon.net Forums

Xbox GR IT DLC maps files

Xbox version of GR IT had DLC maps which were DS maps but "not actually them" - from quick testing that I saw, objectives, zones, time of day, briefing etc.

I haven't seen them being uploaded so here they are, perhaps they will be of interest to someone.

Note that they are ripped as is, so they won't work in the PC version (instead of map files you get .glb)

https://mega.nz/file/zMMFnAzZ#1nxXcliX0hjHJyKJRreURslzKjlJp0qdAsgE8tkgoF8

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...

thank you... damn I see  3 maps which I have never seen in GR:

City Blocks

Ruins

Mines

I see in env files that .map are addressed (xa06_mines\xa06_mines.map<), so I assume glb  is just a archive, there must be a way to extract them

Edited by die7

I tried opening it with 7-zip, but I had no success. Any ideas anyone?

I'd love to add the Xbox maps to the PC version, I think that's the last possible thing that I could add to the Xbox version, some maps have changes on the Xbox and being the "Xbox Conversion," I'd love to recreate the most authentic experience of the Xbox version possible for PC players who don't have access to it.

Of course I can't add the Dossier ranking system the Xbox had, and the HUD will never be perfect,  but like I said, I'd like maximum authenticity possible.

• Like 1

I opened xd05_aurora_dcm_chars.glb using 7zip, indicated the method (of compression) is LZMA:768m.  Opening the file [within 7zip] results in 'Data error in [file].  File is broken.'  AFAIK, this means that 7zip should be able to handle the decompression, but the file itself is corrupted.  7zip doesn't even recognise the file format of xd05_aurora.glb.  They both open in a hex editor, but apart from a few lines, its meaningless to me.

Noesis previews DL_xd05_shots.rsb, but can't preview DL_xd05_brfg-box.rsb.

Maybe this makes some sense to one of the (many) smarter heads than me around here, but it suggests there is some basic flaw/corruption between getting the files from an XBox to a PC.

• Like 1
22 hours ago, C419 said:

I'd love to add the Xbox maps to the PC version, I think that's the last possible thing that I could add to the Xbox version

that would be great thing...we just need to understand how, and if this is possible

12 hours ago, 5Kurz said:

but the file itself is corrupted. 

not sure if that is the case .glb is a 3D file format and can not be extracted by any common archive tools aka zip,rar etc.

I assume this was exported by 3d max as .glb file, but I hope since .env file speaks about .map files that there must be a way to get around it..and that .glb was just a wraper

Here are some interesting info's

Edited by die7
  • Like 1

More like normal map files, except normal means totaly different structure. Same for playstation version of the game. I mean that files (even with the same extension) for pc differs from console ones. There must be a reason for this (optimizations, new engine, console specific things, whatever), but once again it's just files with specific structure, 7zip or any other archiver can't help here. 

• Like 3

I wonder what we could do to crack this. To my knowledge, the Xbox versions used the same engine for the most part during development. We've gotten as far as opening the structure of the map up with 3D Max but everything is just blank. I've reached out to Ubisoft's corporate office and requested the release of the SDK used to develop Ghost Recon. I might hear back from them on Monday.

• Thanks 1

In most cases SDK means export, i don't think they have import plugs.

We've gotten as far as opening the structure of the map up with 3D Max but everything is just blank

Well, i don't get it :), but there is only one straight way to do it, it's reverse engineering, it's not that hard but it takes a lot of time.

For what it's worth, the skybox model  xa02_city_sky.pob  works in OGR PC.  I used Mike Schell's Skinner to add some textures, the only difference was that you also have to define the DN (i.e. bottom) texture (which in OGR PC seems to use the UP texture) - not sure the utility of that, the only time I'm aware of where you can see the bottom is in Igor, if you look below the 'floor.'

When reskinning the skybox, this was typical of the original config:  kimk.redstorm\my documents\_gritx\_texture work\for pete\city multiplayer\skybox\xa02_city_fr.rsb  don't know if there is some clue in that path.

• Like 1