Ghost Recon.net Forums

Main Menu and Shell Background Art

What ever the art may be I try not to let it diminish the legibility of the menu font. That is my # 1 rule of thumb.
I am a sucker for using silhouettes and have found this Tom Clancy logo recently.
Tom Clancy Logo.jpg
I am using it on a private team mod but will never use it otherwise.
Two examples below but I used this silhouette in varying colors and backgrounds to make several more.
I am disappointed that try as I might I can't find a similar silhouette I like as well.
Main menu green with dial.jpg

shell background red silhouette .jpg 

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Hammer said:

i still have some of the old shell background art i did for Jay in Centcom and a few BDA surrounds.

I'd be interested in seeing some of that.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, ApexMods said:

Beautiful stuff, Hammer. Are you by any chance still in contact with Jay, or other members of CENTCOM’s dev team?

No sorry. I arrived late, Jay had the mod almost complete and most of the mod team had, had enough of Jay's attitude buy then and left, I got involved through  [GR]Net at the time as we were invited to test some of the missions. When Jay found i was half tidy with PShop  he asked me to do a few textures for him, a Dishka , the Charlie G , the BDA and some load screens. Then after a while he even Peed off the remaining testers with his attitude and  over the top security of "HIS" mod.   Lol just read the rules of use in the read-me  you'll get an idea of what it was like.  

• Like 2

Yeah, that’s also the impression I got from others involved at the time (I believe Worm did most of the maps), as well as from my own exchange with Jay. Such a pity, really.

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, ApexMods said:

Yeah, that’s also the impression I got from others involved at the time (I believe Worm did most of the maps), as well as from my own exchange with Jay. Such a pity, really.

Something in the back of my minds say,s  Ingaloop ? and may be Blue Soul ? sorry if i got the names wrong, may have been involved as well

• Like 1

Just before i left Jay was already putting some stuff together for a centcom II  mod we were testing a map with a nuclear power station on, that may have been done buy bluesoul 

• Like 2

BigBlueSoul worked on Blood Oil maps. He even sent me some WIP stuff for HU back in the day, IIRC. Nice fella.

CENTCOM maps were by Worm, Blahb, Buck50, and Lexsis. Missions by Militia Man, Tinker, Migryder, NYR, and Sixpence.

• Like 2

Hammer, so sorry I completely forgot to express how thrilled (!) I am to see you still frequenting GR.net.

Hope you stick around some, Ghost Recon modding needs you, and I sure would like to pick your brain about 3dsm modeling one of these days. 🙂

On 27/07/2020 at 23:17, ApexMods said:

Hammer, so sorry I completely forgot to express how thrilled (!) I am to see you still frequenting GR.net.

Hope you stick around some, Ghost Recon modding needs you, and I sure would like to pick your brain about 3dsm modeling one of these days. 🙂

Ive never really been away,  even though ive moved on to another game, ive always checked GRnet forum on an almost daily biases as part of my daily routine. I just didnt post much, unless it was something i knew something about. 

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...