Ghost Recon.net Forums

1 minute ago, ApexMods said:

Nicely done, die7. Especially knowing what a pain those intros are to script. 

thank you, do not forget pain of the outros :))

• Haha 1
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi all,   after years and years of playing and studding OGR and all available mods, and scripting work of some great ppl (see bellow) I came to idea to create one by my own, and here I

Unf. still working hard as one man team on this project and release as announced to the end of march can not happen .. but it makes a great fun...and I will keep you noticed till is not finished. Sinc

here are some dev insights : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Z4KL4rY1gRGEHT6bcm1X06EW6-2eodgg/view   currently the 4 of 10 planned mission are finished, unf. it take me very long time

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Short Update:

8th mission looks to be done, starting with polishing the intro :)

This is first as far I know proper made (relighting ..puhhh... around 20hours) dark mode of the map caves..you will love it, you will learn to fear it

take look to intro:

link corrected

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1H6viRaZHbQK9qVpSiScuADbpi48g53Dv/view

ScreenShot9.jpg

Edited by die7
  • Like 1
Posted (edited)

Dear GR fans, here we go after 10 months hard work , here is with first demo of The Ghost, mod which is made to thank to all great ppl,  players and especially modders in  our community.

Since this is  just demo version I will skip for now copyrights, mentions etc..this will follow in official release and none will be forgotten (I hope).

The Ghost stands for hardcore action mod with a lot of effects, intro/outro movies and aggressive game-play. You will love it... you will hate it..however it will not be easy.

It requires Desert Siege and Island Thunder to be activated. Once activated please restart the game to assure that everything is loaded properly

In the current demo you will find small single player campaign which contains :

4 hard core missions

2 gft (custom games) firefight with some additional stuff

Mission 1: Hard Landing

Objectives:

• Locate  & destroy enemy AA
  • Search and rescue survivors

Your team size: max 3 member(s)

Recommendation: take demo charges OR rockets (m136 or sim)

FDA (friendly developer advise): stay calm,hold your breath ,  aim..shoot..repeat

Known bugs: quick-save game does not work properly..better do not use it

Mission 2: Zigic

Objectives:

• Locate and execute Zigic

Your team size: max 1 member(s)

Recommendation: do not take loud weapons with you

FDA (friendly developer advise): you have higher chances to survive if you move..move fast

Known bugs: quick-save game does not work properly..better do not use it

Mission 3: Escape

Objectives:

• Escape from caves and get to extraction zone

Recommendation: take look around you...they could be everywhere

FDA (friendly developer advise): you have higher chances to survive if you move slow

Known bugs: none afaik

Mission 4: Jajce

Objectives:

• Locate and disarm charges
  • Kill them all :)

Recommendation: take beer..you will need it

FDA (friendly developer advise): you have higher chances to survive if you ..WELLL...shoot fast (especially in the first seconds of the missions)

You will hate this one..I know..me too..

Known bugs: quick-save game does not work properly..better do not use it..WHY? well..

I know you are not someone who use quick-save...you are using!?..well forget it..in the mission 1, 2 and 4 will not work it since engine sucks once the actors are teleported to places (rooms) which have no floor..SORRY...don not blame me :)..and I will not fix it...I am even thinking about to build it as function to every mission :) since in the once official release is done I will set the price of 500eur for the first who made speed run of whole campaign < 50min

Download link of the mod is here , unpack with 7-zip

enjoy...now is vacation time :)

Edited by die7
  • Tier 1 Post 2

I unpacked with 7Zip. I loaded the mod and did a restart.

Starting a campaign and the first mission CTD. When I opened the campaign menu there was already a entry for the first mission. I found that odd.

Missions were available in quick missions so I tried all four. CTD

Deleted the Save folder from the mod( it contained one) but it always reappears. Maybe I'm wrong but I didn't think the game would create one unless you actually saved a game.
Unchecked read only but it always reappears. Maybe this is normal.

This is from the first mission of the campaign that CTD
Ike log entries:
*RSFILEDATA: FindFile could not find file ghost_unlocked_heroes.xml
*RSFILEDATA: FindFile could not find file c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\ghost recon\mods\the ghost-demo\save\game\the ghost.csf_bin
SOUND: Cannot Find: Har_briefing.wav
Loading map c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\ghost recon\mods\origmiss\map\m02_farm\m02_farm.map

There are never entries after the map is loaded in any of the CTD I had.  * denotes entries only in campaign CTD

The GTFs worked and the counter of enemy dead is nice.
The siren playing is too long. 15-20 seconds is enough at the start. It is a terrifying, end of the world sound. 🙂

I'm sure I read that all that was required was DS and IT.

Do not be discouraged, this is what demos are for.

Edited by wombat50
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
2 hours ago, wombat50 said:

Do not be discouraged, this is what demos are for.

never :)) :)) thank you for testing..tbh I did not invents to much time into ..since you know..it works on my pc :) ..but I will test it right now...yepp I made replay and save game since I have tested again...my bad...will fix it soon

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, die7 said:

will fix it soon

upss it looks like I need more time to fix this ...currently on new installed GR i get ctd..not sure why..so please DO NOT DOWNLOAD till is not fixed

• Like 3

OKAY..fixed...I am sorry for bad start..issue was not produced on purpose by myself but by another mod which have copied files to mp2 which I was not aware and have used them..sure , then they was missing by original game...lesson learned: have multiple installations for test, dev and rollout to public...and test , test, test.

Please delete the previous version and download new version of demo the ghost - demo-version 1.5  from here or origin link above and do read text above:

in nutshell

In Mission Hard Landing...max team size =3

In Missions : Zigic, Escape, Jajce..max team size = 1

beside of mission  Escape, quick save does not work

I would like to thank: wombat50, trutle, Eisenhauer and Jack for testing and support

• Like 1

@Rocky once official release is out (this could take a bit longer) I would make official read-me file, and I will thank to all other by the name dev and modders, and promote  all used items and give info from where are they coming..to thank and promote they great work and this great game.

However 500eur for the first speed runner under 50min once official release is out was not a joke and I would like that you help me here out to organize this (I would send you money) , and this should end by the winner once his replay, and video is confirmed to be valid..any toughs?

• Like 1
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Eisenhauer said:

Good work, after some troubleshooting it starts to work. 🧐

nothing where possible without your help and others, so thank you again

Edited by die7
  • Like 1
11 hours ago, wombat50 said:

The siren playing is too long. 15-20 seconds is enough at the start. It is a terrifying, end of the world sound.

siren rocks while custom game is calling purge :) ..btw playing music can be stooped by short pressing to "esc" button

• Like 2
1 hour ago, die7 said:

@Rocky once official release is out (this could take a bit longer) I would make official read-me file, and I will thank to all other by the name dev and modders, and promote  all used items and give info from where are they coming..to thank and promote they great work and this great game.

However 500eur for the first speed runner under 50min once official release is out was not a joke and I would like that you help me here out to organize this (I would send you money) , and this should end by the winner once his replay, and video is confirmed to be valid..any toughs?

Wha?

Dude, that is crazy!

I think it's a great idea to offer a prize and create incentive with gamers that are maybe on the fence about re-installing Ghost Recon, I think that's a great idea. I'm not sure a whopping cash prize like that is maybe the best idea. Maybe gaming related related prize like steam credits, or  Ghost Recon related prize. Just my thoughts of course, it's totally up to you. Or even 4 smaller prizes rather than one major prize. But if you just want to maximise interest and really hit the headlines, stick with your original plan lol. Just some ideas for you :)

Happy to help you test the speed run before the official release, I will look forward to this....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, Rocky said:

Wha?

Dude, that is crazy!

I think it's a great idea to offer a prize and create incentive with gamers that are maybe on the fence about re-installing Ghost Recon, I think that's a great idea. I'm not sure a whopping cash prize like that is maybe the best idea. Maybe gaming related related prize like steam credits, or  Ghost Recon related prize. Just my thoughts of course, it's totally up to you. Or even 4 smaller prizes rather than one major prize. But if you just want to maximise interest and really hit the headlines, stick with your original plan lol. Just some ideas for you :)

Happy to help you test the speed run before the official release, I will look forward to this....

Exact my opinion, GR need to be revived and we need newer gamers, modders and map makers, but also all great work of others should be honored much more and be brought back to gamers.

Thank you for the suggestion, this is definitely welcome, and once is so far we will find together some prize model which will be attractive to the community .

• Like 2

And one Important additional info , Officially mod will contain 10 missions , demo has just 4 , so speed run rule  applies to all 10 missions <50min...whole campaign to be done (last time I saw speed run movie on OGR was < 30min, second < 60min and OGR has 16 missions) so let’s see how it looks in next months once remaining one are finalized :) you can expect more surprises as I would like to mention now :)

• Like 2
On 22/08/2020 at 19:59, die7 said:

GR need to be revived and we need newer gamers, modders and map makers

Couldn’t agree more. 🙂

• Like 1