die7

Wow, LOL -that was interesting.

Great heli insertion, very cool - but after that, Wow!

I restarted the mission FOUR times and never survived more than 15 seconds. I guess it's a balance between making it tough, and making it challenging but fun. Anyojne else manage any better than me?

• Like 1

Played around with this for a bit. Scary menu! Tried the campaign and was tossed right into the action. Nice! Looks very promising, so far.

If I may make a few suggestions...

- In Igor you can setup the default team to avoid messy auto-assigns, i.e. the same guy getting assigned multiple times.

- You could cut down mod size significantly by not including so much stuff that is not used at all.

- I had the feeling that spotting distance wasn’t set right, so AI could spot you either too early or to late.

- Snipers are equipped with Mk 18 CQB primary and demo charge secondary by default, which seems odd.

- Default (auto-assign) kits don’t match the first kit for most actors. This is an easy fix.

- Briefings could use extra love.

Hope you don’t take this the wrong way, mod looks great! Keep at it! 👍

• Like 1

thank you for the feedback..yes, demo shows that many aspects are still way to unfinished and need good polishing

2 hours ago, ApexMods said:

- In Igor you can setup the default team to avoid messy auto-assigns, i.e. the same guy getting assigned multiple times. 

could you please elaborate this, I do not get it right now!?

- You could cut down mod size significantly by not including so much stuff that is not used at all. 

yes, this will be done in end version, unf was to lazy to do that for the demo

- I had the feeling that spotting distance wasn’t set right, so AI could spot you either too early or to late. 

indeed, spotting distance is pain in the ass..on which maps did you faced the issues?

- Snipers are equipped with Mk 18 CQB primary and demo charge secondary by default, which seems odd. 

this will be corrected

Default (auto-assign) kits don’t match the first kit for most actors. This is an easy fix.

please elaborate.

- Briefings could use extra love.

yes, as well command maps, etc..this will be done in final version

• Like 1

To edit default team open mission in Igor > Edit > Mission > Default Team.

To have default kits match up, make sure rifleman-01.kit (and other 01 kits) match the first kit in each actor’s kit folder.

Spotting felt off in the first campaign mission (farm night), not sure about others.

Don’t sweat it. This is a demo, after all. 🙂

• Like 1

ahh, default team..it's handy..yepp will use that, thank you

9 minutes ago, ApexMods said:

To have default kits match up, make sure rifleman-01.kit (and other 01 kits) match the first kit in each actor’s kit folder.

ahh, yes..totally ignored that.thank you

10 minutes ago, ApexMods said:

Don’t sweat it. This is a demo, after all. 🙂

I do not :)..modding makes fun..just takes to much time, thank you again

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I have downloaded the second version and glad to report I had no CTDs with any of the missions.
Now I have the pleasure of playing these missions. So far I really like the intros, sounds, music and atmosphere you have created with the maps.

Now if I could keep from being killed. 😀

• Like 2

On 02/10/2020 at 19:44, wombat50 said:

Now if I could keep from being killed. 😀

This will improve in final release,  in many aspects..for now demo shows the AI strength in full beauty:) and some new script approaches as well many great custom objects..however I was able to finish all missions as one man army after ..let’s say 20-30 try’s :)

• Like 2

Short update:

currently working on ingame movies, and quality check of escape, as well zigic..last action point was geting drone in mission zigic working..puhhhhhh

after 3 days of hard work on the drone simulation,  with tons and tons  effects, and hours and hours polishing and testing I am one step nearer ...at least nearer as before ...(still not finished) but will it will be in next days..here some preview:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oMw7CW42QZy8QwkidzlzdMj2-jyGDmhj/view?usp=sharing

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

work on mod the ghost never stops :)

Some updates:

Mission Zigic (real person sentenced to 25 years' imprisonment) got massive updates:

dynamic weather (fog reduces/increases, rain & wind changing direction's, night fall)

napalm run (random multiple explosions & derbies

drone attack (use UI to call the drone)

Mission Srebrenica (Serbian butchers killed 8.000 Bosniaks)

Improved intro with fast rope, and improved airstrikes

• Like 3

• 5 months later...

Dears,

happy to announce and publish new version of  the mod THE GHOST (demo version 2.0) with 7 missions full of action and surprises (see download link bellow)

Developer notices and hints:

1. Mission Hard Landing

choose up to 3 soldiers for this mission

Once in the reach of  the F18  remote destroying mech (you will hear sensor sound), use command mode to activate it (tab ;))

You can also set demo charges on barrels, or jeep to create confusion ;)

2 Mission Zigic

choose up to 3 soldiers for this mission

Safe zones for air strike activation zones are: ALFA, BRAVO, CHARLIE, DELTA, ECHO..once you are in the zone you can call for air-strike by setting  a way point on the map

this one is my personal favorite!

Dynamical weather conditions, fog, night fall and many more..

3. Mission Escape

choose max 1 soldier for this mission

Go to X-RAY to call for air-strike (call it with  flare rocket ;))

4. Mission Jajce

Be quick by the landing...the guy with rpg is not your friend ;)

5. Mission Srebrenica

Call a air-strike, or set a charge by the car garage, don't  run...running is not healthy in this mission ;)

6. Mission Legija

do not raise alarm before Legija is not arrived with boat, move slow, have eyes opened and neutralize enemies without too much noise

7. Mission Karadzic

use bad weather conditions to move..move slow

ToDO

1. I have still 3 missions to produce, they are now in the progress but still will need a lot of the time and energy.
  2. Bug-fixing (yeah there will be one or two)
  3. Quality improvement
  4. final beta release
  5. step 2 and 3
  6. final public release

I hope this can be done in this year (hope never dies)

download from here

enjoy

die7

P.S know issues or bugs (by design of games at self ...game saves or quick saves  will not work, do not use it..it will kill the game)

Edited by die7
  • Like 1
  • Tier 1 Post 3

• 1 month later...