Ghost Recon.net Forums

What I think of breakpoint in detail

Fallen Ghosts not Narco Road, Mission dlc not raids, and a bipod that can actually be used. Funny and weird out of place things are cool in a game like the Easter eggs from wildlands and El yeti and predator but still the focus should still be toward the original concept. To put it simply I don't think some of the additions from breakpoint to wildlands fit into the style of game or genre the entire series has been up to this point. Alot of what has made the series has been tactics and realism. Robots being a primary enemy, loot, social hub, injury system all feel gamey to me. I would argue that some of the changes were probably only addded to sell microtransactions and not for the benefit of the title. The only thing I could see being a good addition would probably be some of the survival mechanics. To show my distaste for the changes I decided to not play the campaign. I played only a few hours to test and see all the changes. Even if you are another person who ignores the gamey stuff or say they don't matter or it doesn't affect anything by the time you get to the next game it won't even resemble ghost recon anymore. It'll look more like divison 4. I didn't make this super long video and partial script for easy likes in fact I expected more hate than anything similar to your comment but I wanted to explain to some degree why its lacking in concept and in launch quality. I'm not sure if you listened to the entire video but most of the meat of it is at 20 mins and after.

Edited by Bodark Zulu