Game Engines

The original GR engine kicks the Unreal Engines ass in many ways! GR engine is alot more smoother, and multyplayer friendly... Just look what the unreal engine did to Raven Shield.. Look at all the Raven Shield bugs, and all the Raven Shield complaints.... The trigger lag, and they really ###### on the 56kers this time around!

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah. Thats one of the reasons people still love this game so much.

IT IS ABSOLUTELY CRUCIAL that GR2 have its own engine. Can you just imagine how beautiful the engine will be if they do it themselves with current technology??

OMG. I will be in line waiting to buy the game. :rocky:

However, I do hope red storm is looking around them and seeing what the competition is doing........if only to get an idea of what is possible.

For instance half life 2 by valve and that other game engine by crytek.

Edited by Stalker_Zero

I know it's been said MANY times before... the Unrela engine is NOT what's causing the Multiplayer problems in RVS. The engine is not at fault for RVS, UBI is. For those who have problems anyway. The Unreal engine is tried and true and it works, wonderfully.

I totally agree. Redstorm should make their own engine for GR2 as they did with GR, especially since Ubi cant seem to work the Unreal engine over well enough to get good results.

The Unreal engine is tried and true and works wonderfully for developers that actually work it.

And personally, I would like to see more info on different game engines brought up, so we could learn more, as was requested earlier in the thread instead of bringing up RvS again.

Well if you want some info on new game engines check out what people are saying about crytek and their technology.

First off they are doing two great things.

They are licensing their "cryENGINE" that they are using to make their game FAR CRY. So anybody can use that engine to base their games.

And secondly, they are seperating their graphics technology from their cryENGINE and selling it seperately to be incorporated IN OTHER GAME ENGINES.

What makes crytek's game engine stand out is their "polybump" technology. The big deal about it is that it takes a polygon shape and bumps up the perceived detail to make it seem if it had more polygons.

For instance, a 1500 polygon model of a soldier would to appear to have the detail of a 250,000 polygon soldier!! So a game company developing their own game engine can incorporate Crytek's polybump technology in their own engine.

Now for goodness sake red storm....please investigate crytek and what they have to offer. Do a search on crytek and their game engine to find out what I am talking about.

Yeah I'm pretty impressed with the far cry engine - I really can not wait for this game! I downloaded some of the videos. They also seem to have made a really user friendly map editing program which the demonstrate in the video.

I play online with ASE and do not go through any other multiplayer sites.

I have played GR since the beginning and have all patches and expansions,what a incredible gaming experience it has been.I have reaped the benefits for several years now and all I can say is thankyou to UBI,RSE and the DEVS.

GR2 will be in my collection as soon as it comes out,if it doesnt pan out for one reason or another then I wont play it.

I do not post here very often because ther really isnt anything of interest to me but this post got me thinking.Instead of complaing about a game that isnt even out yet how about spicing up this site.

Its getting to be really old reading the sameold squabblings and whenever I come here.

P.S. no P.S.

FOXSHIP