So who tried the Beta?

It's interesting to me that everyone is so up in arms over the looter shooter addition when we have the crazy GTA driving in the game.  I think that is by far the worst thing to happen to the game imo.  I'm not crazy about the looter shooter stuff either though.  Or the home hub area..not a fan.  But there are other parts of the game I like.

I had a fit when they went to 3rd person but it's grown on me.  I just tend to roll with the punches now.

I mean ghost recon is what they make it regardless of how we feel about it... unfortunately.

On 11/09/2019 at 15:06, Rocky said:

Good post bugkill.

I was almost ready to accept the RPG elements as a 20 year progression from the old character points in Ghost Recon 1, but when I see my Breakpoint character picking up purple plants as he runs around so he can craft something, I have to wonder what the heck's going on with this series.

It's exactly like Far Cry Primal, but why is it in a tactical shooter? I'd rather see a boost to the friendly AI options, a boost back in time to the finer control we had in earlier versions.

I think the RPG and loot elements are the most controversial and most debated design decisions in Breakpoint for sure.

Precisely! Everything is right there in front of us, but someone sat at the table at Ubisoft HQ and convinced everyone that a game released in March 2019 (The Division 2) would be great way to usher in GR into the new age of tactical shooters. I bet they sounded like this:

"We'll ditch the team aspect and bring about this Tomb Raider survival gameplay for solo play. The Division games have done well as a tactical shooter, so wouldn't it be great to bring over the looter shooter mechanic to Ghost Recon? My 12 y/o daughter came up with the idea when she see watched me play Wildlands and The Division 2. Isn't it fantastic! She is so smart for her age and knows what the GR community wants."

🙄🙄🙄

On 11/09/2019 at 15:06, Rocky said:

Good post bugkill.

I was almost ready to accept the RPG elements as a 20 year progression from the old character points in Ghost Recon 1, but when I see my Breakpoint character picking up purple plants as he runs around so he can craft something, I have to wonder what the heck's going on with this series.

It's exactly like Far Cry Primal, but why is it in a tactical shooter? I'd rather see a boost to the friendly AI options, a boost back in time to the finer control we had in earlier versions.

I think the RPG and loot elements are the most controversial and most debated design decisions in Breakpoint for sure.

Precisely! Everything is right there in front of us, but someone sat at the table at Ubisoft HQ and convinced everyone that a game released in March 2019 (The Division 2) would be great way to usher in GR into the new age of tactical shooters. I bet they sounded like this:

"We'll ditch the team aspect and bring about this Tomb Raider survival gameplay for solo play. The Division games have done well as a tactical shooter, so wouldn't it be great to bring over the looter shooter mechanic to Ghost Recon? My 12 y/o daughter came up with the idea when she see watched me play Wildlands and The Division 2. Isn't it fantastic! She is so smart for her age and knows what the GR community wants."

🙄🙄🙄

I agree with a lot of what you guys are saying.  I do like the game and I'm looking forward to it but it just feels like it doesn't take itself serious enough imo.

Know what I mean?  Like on one hand it's trying to be a somewhat kind of realistic 3rd person open-world shooter.  And then you get some of the worst freaking dialog and acting ever...and I do mean ever.  Or you get some random npc talking to himself saying the stupidest things.  At least in wildlands I can not understand a lot of what is being said.

And then the cheesy art direction and copy / paste bad guys..that really bothers me unless it's a uniform and then it's more believable.  Then we have the GTA style driving which I think has been the worst thing ever added to the series.  The story in Breakpoint from what little I played was also really kind of cheesy imo.  I mean it's works but it's not exactly original and just feels so cliche.  It's like they thought "how can we have wilderness maps and add some bullet sponge robots to this".  "I know.....a remote island blah blah blah"

Honestly all these things are a bigger deal than the Division type loot system to me personally.  But to each his own.....

I just really wish they would take the game more serious and stop copying from their other games and trying to appeal to every gamer.  

Edited by BigOlBrain

On 11/09/2019 at 20:06, Rocky said:

.. but when I see my Breakpoint character picking up purple plants as he runs around so he can craft something, I have to wonder what the heck's going on with this series.

Purple Plants??? Sure your character wasn't trying to make Buckfast Rocky 🤣

How you all doing.  Haven't had the funds to keep a PC up to spec over the years to play shooters, and the XB1 open beta was fun, but I wouldn't go anywhere near the Console Kindergarten for co-op.

On 30/09/2019 at 03:54, Rocky said:

T!! So good to hear from you again haha. 

Congrats on managing to log in lol. 

Yea it's been a long time.

Remembered my password and everything 😎

Currently trying to convince myself not to buy Breakpoint on the XBox .... but I think I'll end up getting it.  I liked Wildlands (PS4) and it's not only PvP so I might dig deep and hide the credit card statement from Mrs T.

It is playing well on my setup although I wish it would play offline.

There is are a few that Stream the game on Twitch and if you have not played I suggest watching.

One fellow from Scotland that steams just started today.  his name is scotsgod

As always Sparta has TeamSpeak that ya'll may use but the game also is setup for Discord!

So in a nut shell the game is a mix between The Division 1/2, Wildlands with a wee bit of Farcry.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Halli~SPARTA~ said:

So in a nut shell the game is a mix between The Division 1/2, Wildlands with a wee bit of Farcry.

Exactly, it's not Ghost Recon anymore. And it's more than a little Far Cry to be fair, all that crafting is straight out of Far Cry.

I agree, and a Crate game.

Nothing else interest me right now except for World of Warships which is fine as I can play a round then go do something around the house

then come back and do another round.

Probably because I am getting old and slow!

I made it gear score 100 today on Breakpoint but got bored. This will be my play on weekends game that I squad with 3 others that I have been playing

with since I started gaming(OGR). We have been on a Company of Heroes2 kick for a year but that gets old.